Video: Style Of Dogs No Longer In Demand.

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mcardery2k

Video: Style Of Dogs No Longer In Demand.

Post by mcardery2k »

Mark Carder
skyviewsbeagles.com

Mhouse

Re: Video: Style Of Dogs No Longer In Demand.

Post by Mhouse »

Awesome video Mark! Great line and check work!
MEADOWWOOD'S BEAGLES

warddog

Post by warddog »

I don't know what style folks would call it but I call it rabbit dog style. Although she was a mile behind that rabbit at time she ran it like it was red hot with her head up above the weeds a lot of the time. I'd say she has a GREAT nose to go with the line running and GREAT check work. The filming was just as good especially when the rabbit came right to you, turned and went right back over it's original track or backtracked. That stunt didn't fool her one bit and I'd take a dog like her any day. I could have shot that rabbit for the dinner table without tearing it up numerous times in that run and I've one thing to say, RABBIT DOG, period! Oh and my hats off to the video cameraman as they caught the great action.

underdog

Post by underdog »

That style might not be in demand for some folks, but she only has to please YOU.
You've done a nice job with EZ. Keep the video's coming I like watching them.
AT

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Nice camera work & video. My opinion on her running style is that it's like a car that stays in first gear & the motor is loud (lot of barking) , but no matter how open the road gets, the driver is content to drive 35 mph. I didn't see any major faults other than barking too much without making enough forward progress; babbling, in my opinion. She did a nice job of figuring out the double there once. I respect your idea though of how a dog should run & not intending to be negative or trying to hurt feelings. As long as you're happy with your dogs; that's all that matters. Good luck with your dogs & videos.
Last edited by WELLS WOODS on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

Different strokes for different folks! I can tell you that style of dog would have a rough day in the middle of January attempting to pursue a snowshoe hare in 18"-20" of dry powder snow at 0° F! So would the handler as he would likely freeze to death waiting for the hare to circle!

As long as you enjoy what you feed and hunt that's what matters most but I couldn't abide by that style for me. I do always enjoy your videos,though I didn't have the patience to watch this one in entirety. ;)

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Nice camera work mark there a guy in GA that could use a lesson on how to work the camera like you do .
TheJohnBirchSociety

mcardery2k

Post by mcardery2k »

First off guys you are never going to hurt my feelings. We all have different taste in dogs and I have no problem with any comments. As far as running hare I can't say because I have never had tho opportunity to run hare. I am sure they call them hare dogs for a reason. As far as running in snow these dogs have no problems running cottentails. I have posted videos on here for several years now & most know I appreciate any comments you guys have.
Mark Carder
skyviewsbeagles.com

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Not my style , but neither are most " hare Hounds". But as far as them having problems on hare, they wouldn't have. if you like their style on rabbit you will like their style on Hare, and the reverse of that is true. In my opinion at 10 below and 8" of fresh powder or windswept ice and snow they will do a better job of keeping the chase going than most hare hounds that I have seen. You may not like it but they will probably keep it going!

mcardery2k

Post by mcardery2k »

She may not be quite as slow as you guys think. This was EZ. winning a pack trial last year in Ohio.

Skyview's Beagles Atwood Beagle Club SPO Trial: http://youtu.be/GZJC__p8pBc
Mark Carder
skyviewsbeagles.com

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

I still like Walker and I am not a male dog. How is old Walker doing Mark.

ironjawdawgs

Post by ironjawdawgs »

mcardery2k wrote:She may not be quite as slow as you guys think. This was EZ. winning a pack trial last year in Ohio.

Skyview's Beagles Atwood Beagle Club SPO Trial: http://youtu.be/GZJC__p8pBc
You mean "Pleasant Vally" Beagle Club. :) I've sat in those cattails many hours running hounds. Those tree stumps are burnt in my memory for a lifetime. lol!

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I've saw her run the railroad tracks and was very impressed. Am confused watching her run in this lush thick cover and becoming somewhat lost and having trouble with the scent. Maybe a doe rabbit but not the same dog as the day she ran the hills and the railroad.
Jmho, but when they put out mouth like she does, I expect them to be looking at the rabbit. I guess we all like different things but me I want the mouth to gauge the scent and rate of progress, flying when the engine roooaaars...
I know you like opinions and this is only mine and given with all due respect... I'd just like to see her kick it up into road gear and roll... :dance:

mcardery2k

Post by mcardery2k »

I actually ha en Walker at the club with me now Earl. He will be 11 may 1st. EZ. IS A PRO DUCT OF WALKER AND JEN. She is a carbon copy of him in Looks & brains.
I would rather see a hundred negative opinions than nothing at all. I understand this board is made up of mostly guys who like a faster style dog. We ran the faster dogs for years but decided these dogs were better suited for us.
Mark Carder
skyviewsbeagles.com

duckbuster38401

Post by duckbuster38401 »

Looks like she can take a check, she might not be fast but she is nice looking and she is getting it done!
Jason McMeen
931-446-1467