Any hunters close to SE Kansas area?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

LoneBeagle

Any hunters close to SE Kansas area?

Post by LoneBeagle »

Looking for people to partner up with in the SE Kansas/ SW Missouri area. Thought I'd just toss a line out and see if anyone is close. :)

Hammerpolly

Re: Any hunters close to SE Kansas area?

Post by Hammerpolly »

Im in NW Ark over an hr south of Joplin. Been around beagles and hounds all my life.
My name is Vernon Comer phone #479-871-1883 if you want to call.
Breed and hunt dogs that have strong desire, hunt hard, are pretty, have natural ablity in the field, and are smart. Hammer Talkin Beagles

LoneBeagle

Post by LoneBeagle »

Vernon your within driving distance! I will be in Fayetteville in September for Bikes, Blues, BBQ. Gonna save your number and give a call. Maybe come by and talk hounds for a bit. My number is 620-429-6198. :)

swing

Post by swing »

I'm in northwest Arkansas, all I'm gonna say is don't go once trapping season opens
Trent

No one plans to Fail, they fail to Plan

Hammerpolly

Post by Hammerpolly »

Thank you for advice swing. I think traps are something of concern for hound men all over U.S.
I have friends with private property with no traps, we can run on.
Breed and hunt dogs that have strong desire, hunt hard, are pretty, have natural ablity in the field, and are smart. Hammer Talkin Beagles

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

I ran a trapline for several years. Never had any incidents with dogs. I always asked permission and hunters should do the same. If you are trespassing and your dog gets caught, whose fault is that? Public land is a different deal. Foot traps aren't dangerous, depending on size, like Conibears. Learn how to release a dog from a "killer type" trap. Snares shouldn't be a problem since dogs are used to collars and leashes. Always exceptions, but true for the most part.
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red