What u guys think? Is it possible

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

big hollow

What u guys think? Is it possible

Post by big hollow »

Some of u guys have probably seen my son Austin at a few hunts. Well he in a wheelchair he has spinia bifiydia. He loves to run his dogs more than any thing. What we are trying to do is have a fundraiser to help to purchase a Action track chair a wheel chair on tracks absolutely awesome. He said if I had one of them they would want me to judge every weekend.Just wondering if it would be possible. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Heath Robertson

BCBeagles

Re: What u guys think? Is it possible

Post by BCBeagles »

Great cause! I would donate for sure!!

John-PA

Post by John-PA »

Try working with a few clubs in your area to hold a hunt in his name where all the proceeds from the trial will be donated to your sons cause. Or see about getting a stud auction together on the site here, I know a lot of guys put up money for the stud auctions. Just some ideas, I hope it works out for your boy.

big mike 50

Post by big mike 50 »

Plus I am sure local vendors and stores may donate items for a raffle. Should be a great time and in one of those chairs he would be able to judge better than some men on their feet. Talked to a guy last night about them and he said they are awesome and extremely stable and nearly impossible to get stuck. He said he wanted to get one and probably will but he just got a new chair that was pretty sweet but he said those track chairs are too wide to use in the house so it would just be a hunting tool and for outdoor use only. Good luck and I hope it all works out outdoorsman usually have a way to unite to get kids more involved.
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops

JD Baisden

Post by JD Baisden »

Heath,

I'm know Ironton would help. I still remember Austin's face when my wife tried to convince him that he had to give his dogs a bath and put a bow on them for the bench shows. Haha
Home of:
Rase's Mtn. Kennels

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

Heard alot about your son and seen him at a few trials . This is a great cause and I will speak with our club (Muskegon River see what we can due to help out. send me some info and I will get with them , and go from there.
Tom

ray s

Post by ray s »

big hollow wrote: He said if I had one of them they would want me to judge every weekend.
HECK YEAH, he'll have to judge! When you get the fund raisers set up,please keep us posted.

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

Austin is one of the greatest kids I have met. Plum Creek Kennel Supply will donate! My son was in a wheel chair for a few years and i know what its like. Count me in on donations and other help you may need! Great idea!

Remmy

Post by Remmy »

I'll donate or buy a ticket.!

Keep us posted.

Brian
Home of:
Emerick's Shoot em up Blue Nellie
Emerick's Thicket Chirpin Cricket
Coal Hill's Queen of Hearts
Remmy
Winnie

Director Presque Isle Beagle Club

big hollow

Post by big hollow »

I spoke with sales rep today. We are going Saturday so Austin can try one out. We are thinking towards October 4 for the benefit. We have been talking to a lot of people about what we're doing. What really gets me is I've emailed a bunch of big company's I did get a email back. Sorry but we can't donate but we appreciate your thought of asking.Heck it wasn't like I ask them for a million dollars I ask for a item for the silent auction. And this company was a multi million dollar operation. But then you have great people like all of you guys.That will offer in anyway they can.I would like to publicize the name of the company :angryfire: but I'm not like that. Sorry for griping

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

I'm on board. I will help you guys with whatever I can. Couldn't think of any better people I'd like to help out!
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

art

Post by art »

I'm In anything for big A

pcable

Post by pcable »

Heath, send me your info and I'll see if I can get donations for ya. Be glad to help out!
IF A DOG WON'T HUNT, IT CAN'T JUMP RABBITS!!!
Owner Co-Owner
Cables Ragin' Recoil
Cables Rockin Ruby
Cables Tuff Baba Clyde
Martin's Holly Lynn
Wireman's Little Ann

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Bill O'Reilly on TV gets these for our wounded warriors. Can anyone find out where he gets them and ask for a discount for your son?

big hollow

Post by big hollow »

I thought I would post my email. bighollow01@ hotmail.com.Our address 227 Kennard Rd Waverly,Ohio 45690 Any questions my number is (740) 941-9301. Thanks,Heath