long time beagler Gene Benischek passes away

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Ken Yerian

Re: long time beagler Gene Benischek passes away

Post by Ken Yerian »

The beagling world is poorer today with the passing of Gene. A true gentleman in every way. Thoughts and prayers to his family.
Ken Yerian
Burr Oak Beagles

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

jdmart wrote:Anybody from Iowa know the arrangements for Gene's funeral service. I can't find it on the internet.

Thanks
They were making arrangements yesterday afternoon and I should know something by later this morning. Ill post it as soon as I get it.
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

Jeff, here is the info you asked about. Just scroll down to Gene and click on his pic and it will bring up all the services for friday night/Saturday.

http://www.laheys.com/obituaries
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Met Gene at the Southern Large Pack Championship trial at Mel Faust's in Louisiana in 2007.
We had driven down the day before and spent the night.When we got up the next morning there was a rig with Iowa plates on it upside down in the creek in front of Mel's house.
Turned out that Gene and Kenny Lewis had left Iowa and driven all night,arriving in the fog at Mel's around 4:00 A.M.Gene said he didn't know if he'd fallen asleep or just cut the corner too sharp.LOL.Nobody got hurt and even all the beagles survived being turned over.
Mel had someone from town come out with a wrecker and get it turned over on it's wheels and dragged out of there.They took it to town and did some minor work on it and at the end of the weekend Gene and Kenney climbed back in it and headed for Iowa.
Couple of charecters for sure.We'll miss you Gene!
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

a true nice fellow. I remember holesack Charlene I think her name was
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

The family asked that I post this. They thank you for all the calls, thoughts, and prayers.

Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

Joseph J Murphy

Post by Joseph J Murphy »

Haven't been spending much time on here so I just saw this . In this sport ,like in life in general , you meet a few bad folks ,a whole bunch of good ones ,and a very few exceptional ones.Gene was from the last group .When I started running in Midwest ,he was very good about explaining to me what the judges were looking for and answered about a thousand other questions too.A very humble guy that could be pretty funny once you knew him.I am very sorry to hear that he has passed.My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Joseph J Murphy
Bring on Dream Team 3 !!!!!!