Del Morgan makes the news!!!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

WrongsideRandy

Re: Del Morgan makes the news!!!!

Post by WrongsideRandy »

CLARRYS

Post by CLARRYS »

No wonder when he banned our club, he got mad when I told him about the bums and no accounts I through out of our club, gee I should have known!!!

swing

Post by swing »

Bump for a good cause
Trent

No one plans to Fail, they fail to Plan

WrongsideRandy

Post by WrongsideRandy »

Todays update from Knox News . Com

KNOXVILLE – Former Knox County Trustee Fred Sisk testified Tuesday he inked his approval to bogus paychecks for an alleged phantom employee.

“I was doing what I could to get elected,” Sisk said.

Sisk testified in the Knox County Criminal Court trial of Delbert Morgan, 58, who is accused of bilking taxpayers for $200,000 in pay and benefits he did not earn.

Authorities say former Trustee Mike Lowe set up Morgan, his college pal, with a fake job at the Knox County Trustee’s Office while Sisk served as Lowe’s deputy chief. Sisk said he knew it but kept quiet even after Sisk assumed the office in 2007 when the state Supreme Court upheld term limits, which officeholders like Lowe had ignored.

The Knox County Commission appointed Sisk to helm the office when Lowe left.

He kept Lowe on the payroll as deputy chief. Months later, a judge tossed out the commission appointments because the panel violated the Tennessee Open Meetings Act, known as the Sunshine Law.

Lowe again took command. He returned the favor and kept Sisk on the payroll. Sisk told jurors Tuesday he knew he needed Lowe’s backing to get the trustee job back, first through reappointment and, in 2008, through an election.

So, Sisk said, he kept penning his approval of Morgan’s paychecks.

“Have you been charged with anything in connection with this investigation?” asked Morgan’s defense attorney, Jeff Daniel. “You falsified employment records for Knox County, and you haven’t been charged with anything?”

“Yes,” Sisk acknowledged.

Veteran white-collar criminal defense attorney Tom Dillard sat in the courtroom throughout his client’s testimony.

More details as they develop online and in Wednesday’s News Sentinel.

swing

Post by swing »

Any updates Randy? And is NKC really for sale?
Trent

No one plans to Fail, they fail to Plan

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

I called NKC today and they said NKC is not for sale.

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

I wonder what kind of price tag that would be if it WAS put up for sale. Any ideas how much he bought it for back in the day?
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

WrongsideRandy

Post by WrongsideRandy »

I read yesterdays review of court.....I was kind of concerned about posting the article because it says copyright Knoxnews.com no re-transmission allowed. I know how these chicken chits operate......know what I mean?

I did read where his time sheets were turned in blank. Days he was paid they matched his phone records to being in Mid-West, Maui, and other places.....when he was paid to be working. Also seen where the state proved Del made a payment of $10K to his boss......from his personal bank account.

The state rested it's case yesterday. Del's defense plans to call a few witnesses but Del wont be one of them......think I should have taken the 5th as well.

Shouldn't be long now.......is that a Rooster I hear?

WrongsideRandy

Post by WrongsideRandy »

He did take the stand. Fresh article on Knoxnews.

As much as it pains me to say this.....I think maybe he has been railroaded. Sounds like he may be guilty.....but I hate how everyone that testified against him has committed crimes then copped pleas.....I can't stand a snitch and it seems Knox county is full of them.

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Wrongsiderandy, A man can't be railroaded if he is guilty. I am not sure that is exactly what you meant. I am in agreement about the plea deals I don't know Del. Morgan or anything about him for a fact. But If I am reading things correctly and I have been skimming because this isn't what I personally feel is an interesting topic. If his bosses are being handed a deal to testify against him, than that is giving a deal to the rats to catch a mouse! I understand pleas, but pleas should be given to a mouse to catch a rat! Maybe I should re-read it!

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Maybe the attorney got measured out at the world hunt :lol:
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

toldyouso

Post by toldyouso »

Del payed 25000 for the magizine and 25000 for the arha rights. Del cleared 2.5 million last year with all his businesses not included his 37500 he was being paid by the county. Which makes him a dumbass and a very greeded man. And i agree you cant be snitched out unless you r guility so if you r saying that you hate snitches that tell on people who r doing wrong by other people this being tax payers i dont want to play cards with you. LOL Also found out that Del is not even listed as the owner of NKC he is listed as a agent of the company that is incorporated. This means that the Incorporation of NKC pays him a salary. As well as i believe Fred probley gets payed from same incorporation. Just a guess. Del is a very smart businessman that got greeded because he thought like all criminals that he would never get caught and like all criminals he did. It just took a while and a couple of snitches to bring light to the room. And i love it. lol

WrongsideRandy

Post by WrongsideRandy »

And it's now in the hands of the jury as of 1:00.....since it's a long weekend, the judge wants the jury to take time and get a verdict tonight.

Such a shame really. I can't stand his coward ways.....but I hate to see him pee it away over something so stupid. I could understand if he was doing it to survive.....but sounds as if he was doing it to thrive.

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

Randy,
I heard Swing testified as a character witness.... Not sure if it was for the procescution or the defence or if they were just needing a character..... :hammer:
Crane Creek Kennels

WrongsideRandy

Post by WrongsideRandy »

Delbert Morgan found guilty of bilking taxpayers.

What else is there to say, I thought I would be happier.........but I can't help but feel a little sorry for him. Truth be known, this happens everyday in every town. Oh well...he probably didnt think about me when he banned me and my dogs for life for calling them all cowards and cheats....guess I shouldnt care what happens to him. Proof is in the puddin. Water under the bridge now.

Aaron......lol, character witness.....that he is.