Del Morgan makes the news!!!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

toldyouso

Re: Del Morgan makes the news!!!!

Post by toldyouso »

LOL thats just too funny. Jeff you crack me up HAHAHA.

warddog

Post by warddog »

From someone who doesn't trail beagles reading ALL of this is the very reason I quit trailing coonhounds years ago. I cast no judgment upon anyone who wants to spend their hard earned money for anything they so desire. I do know that I personally realized long ago when I was deeply involved in a local coon hunting club and in competition, including my master of hounds certification, that cheating takes on many subtle faces. I came to the realization that it all wasn't that important to me in the grand scheme of things in life and in fact took much away from my family time as well as finances. I can honestly say that those so called friends I made were actually hunting acquaintances and in my opinion there is a big difference in a friend and an acquaintances. I can also honestly say that the only time I have been visited by one of my ole competition hunting friends is when they want to either bring a coon or squirrel dog cast out to my property. AHH, now I hunt with who I want, when I want and there is never an argument or even a heated discussion as I am picky with a lot of things other than peanut butter!

toldyouso

Post by toldyouso »

Well said wardog. Been out of it for 3 years now and it was a blessing in disguise. I have a handful of people who i have stayed in touch with and who stood behind me during 25 years of trialing. I meet thousands of people not friends just people i spoke to in passing. Dont miss it at all. I just have a hard time dealing with the way some people see certain things. My thoughts of how things should be r much larger then field trials. I have been told before worry about what you can control, but i have a hard problem believing that if its wrong we as people cannot change it to make it right. But maybe i only see it that way. At times it seems that way. I was around when it was a lot better and the houndsmanship seemed more about the hounds and less about who owned the hounds. Hard to swollow sometimes but i guess what i am saying is thanks for that post. It made perfect sense to me.

holeshot kennel

Post by holeshot kennel »

Yes wardog that was a very good post and very true i have buddies that trialed and got out of it they say the same thing they dont know how they had time to do it in hindsight and yes most ar3 not true friends but i dont go to make friends i go to compete.i have 4 kids and it is hard to find time to hunt a dog like it needs to be if i want to be competitive and to try and buy a dog that can win is expensive and i would never make my kids do without something just to feed my hobby and i will be honest with you as i sit here with my leg in a full brace after knee surgery and have been off work 1 1/2 months with at least 1 1/2 more to go i have sat in this chair and only had a few of my so called trial buddies come see me or call.you are correct it is definately not worth the hassle of arguing and name calling we are all human we all have families and if u stoo for a minute and realize that these trials arent worth the effort of arguing its just the competitive nature of the people involved...brush it off..move on and laugh about it all
Lprch chasteens j&k Tom terrific(3 wins)
LP dual grch 2012 ill St champ twin pines Bernie
Lprch chasteens holeshot Amy
chasteens holeshot birdy

WrongsideRandy

Post by WrongsideRandy »

What's the latest odds?

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

I think he is being sentenced on 10-23-14.

APFII

Post by APFII »

What was the sentence ?

WrongsideRandy

Post by WrongsideRandy »

It got postponed until mid to late November.....

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

I spoke with Del last week. He is available to talk if needed.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

He was sentenced today , well I guess ! 30 days in jail , 8 months probation and is to pay back $200K he was paid as a ghost employee.
Butt load of B/S , DA wanted 10 years. Wonder what he paid to get this smack on the hand ??
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

I would say he was given a chance to redeem himself. Hopefully he takes that into consideration when people who have been banned from ARHA ask for forgiveness and hopefully get a second chance! Frank Miller loves Little Pack and has made some mistakes and been punished for a few years now. Del please give Frank another chance! I don't get to go to many trials for ARHA but always did my best not to miss Cumberland OH because Frank always put on a great hunt!

k & m kennels

Post by k & m kennels »

I 2nd that motion Frank Miller should be allowed back in.People have done a lot worst thing's and got a 2nd chance :check:

jddingess

Post by jddingess »

WE THE PEOPLE WANT FRANK BACK
Coalfield Kennels

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

every man deserves a chance to a point, i hope both men get a chance

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Yes, you get another chance when you make mistakes but the consequences must fit the crime. Such as you step down from ALL positions of trust.

Crimes of this level demonstrate a long pattern of evil developed over a lifetime. You don't just wake up one morning and embezzle $200,000 dollars from your local community. I reject the idea of allowing someone to pay restitution and continue on with positions of influence further subjecting people to additional harm.

Everyone gets a "second chance" so long as you have enough money to cover up you wrong.......getting caught and only paying back what you stole is nothing.....

$200,000 restitution....additional $200,000 donated to the community and 10 hours of weekly community service for 5 years. Failure to comply resulting in 10 year jail sentence.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly