Beagles that point...

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Casey Harner

Beagles that point...

Post by Casey Harner »

It was at our UKC Performance Pack club hunt. My favorite female Blaze done this. We casted the dogs up the hill and she walked over to a big briar patch. She stopped and started to turn her head back and forth looking down the whole time. Had one left slightly off the ground and dove into the briars. It was neat, she has done it before but not that intensely. The wind was blowing very light which might of had something to do with her finding it. I feel she has a great
Nose and I guess this proves it.

Anyone else have a dog that will point before jumping the rabbit?
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

bluecollar beagler

Re: Beagles that point...

Post by bluecollar beagler »

friend of mine had a lil female about 10 years ago we were skirting a patch of open timber on the edge of some brush and a rabbit had balled up against the tree in the wide open not 3 ft from me. When i looked down the lil female had locked on that rabbit and wasnt moving. i even hollored to my buddy to come look. she didnt budge until i swung my foot at the rabbit and it took off. she was just daring it to take off lol. loved that lil female. Wish i had a whole kennel full of em like her.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

20 years ago I ran with a guy had a dog half beagle half bird dog sure could run a rabbit.
TheJohnBirchSociety

MGT

Post by MGT »

A beagle pointed out a rabbit in a little pack hunt last year. The rabbit was beside a tree in the wide open. The dog stood there with one foot up and would not move at all just approximately 3' from the rabbit! The judge said that dog is pointing at something and he came over to look and the rabbit took off. :lol:

Bull_357

Post by Bull_357 »

I have a male that winds them in brush piles and will point for a second or two before he dives in the brush. My female used to do this but rarely does it anymore. Seems like they do it when they are younger and then stop when they are older.
Contenderized