What does it cost?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: What does it cost?

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Alabama John
Amen to that.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Alabama John
Amen to that!
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

gunslinger

Post by gunslinger »

Alabama John and Shady Grove, what business is it of yours what a man does with his money or dogs? Some people run trials and want to get their dog extra running or someone may just want to get their dogs tuned up before hunting season, but whatever the reason who are you to say who needs dogs ?

span870

Post by span870 »

I can put your dogs on more rabbits in my pens on a consistent basis than you ever could in the wild. Most use it as a training aide to JumpStart the training process. Haven't had anyone drop dogs off with me and say I'll pick em up when I want to hunt. Wouldn't be a bad deal though. Beagles for rent. Hmm.....

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

None of my business what anyone does with their dogs, just giving an opinion like everyone else. I respect yours, you should respect mine.
When I couldn't hunt I gave mine away to a friend who could.

Renting beagles by the day is a good idea and would go over good I believe. Especially if your dog ran off on a deer or any other trash they could just leave it and tell you where they last saw it. Same if it didn't come in within 15 minutes of the hunt ending. Rent for all day fun and no bad thing ever. Don't think many could stay in business very long doing this with their dogs. Thing is many deer hunting clubs will invite you to hunt their property after deer season and all their members are invited. That way they are not only renting your dogs, but renting you too.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

With all due respect....I have a 10 year old in football(I coach)...a 12 year old in many academic activities and a wife who does enjoy my company at times....lol.

I work late hours at night many days of the week and run a hound when I can.

In NO way shape or form do I want to quit hounds just because time is short....I am very, very, very appreciative of those that help me run my hounds so I can enjoy them WHEN I can.....Never understood why people quit things because they can't dedicate every single minute to it....makes absolutely no sense to me.

I am blessed with a great job and a great wife and kids that know I have a passion for hounds.....I just put the dogs on the back burner...if you will....at times.

It will be this way for a LONG time.....at least by many's standards, but I have half way raised my kids and am far from retirement.....I will not QUIT dogs because I don't spend 20 hours every week in the field with them.

I enjoy the time at the kennels caring for them as well...My therapy if you will.

If you can afford to have hounds run so you can enjoy them when life allows I see nothing wrong with that.....I am sure the retiree's, with respect, may have been in the boat of the working family man that loves a hound at some phase in there life.

Your services as a hound conditioner are valuable to me and many others.......guys that quit for various reasons I question there commitment any way...JMO.

Good running and take care!