SportDog Tek 2.0

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Casey Harner

SportDog Tek 2.0

Post by Casey Harner »

Anyone know the release date. My fiancé asked me what I wanted for my birthday haha she's a great woman.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

FlyinSoLow

Re: SportDog Tek 2.0

Post by FlyinSoLow »

Last I heard was sometime in November.

Gundog supply has a pre-order set up. They also say Nov.
http://www.gundogsupply.com/sportdog-tek-2lt.html
Marissa Everett

"A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study." ~Chinese Proverb

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

I don't understand how Sportdog's collars (shocker's and GPS) can be so far ahead of Garmin, yet their handheld look like it was made by a kid in High school for his science project. The Sportdog shockers are about half the size of the Tri-tronics, which it looks like they incorporated into this system.

Time for Garmin to release their Alpha 2.0 with better collars so i can buy it.

Rick Conley Jr.

Post by Rick Conley Jr. »

It's hard to imagine how much technology has changed over the years and hard to believe that they can improve the alpha much more to warrant me to buy another system. I bought the alpha last year and I absolutely love it. Collars are a little big but I don't have issue with it to sell mine and take a beating on it just to buy something smaller. For me I'm staying with what I got for now anyways.
Home of
LP Grand Champion Hollywood's Luke Duke

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

9-20-14 on the Sportdog release

Remmy

Post by Remmy »

Chuck Prather wrote:9-20-14 on the Sportdog release
How are they priced compared to the alpha?
Home of:
Emerick's Shoot em up Blue Nellie
Emerick's Thicket Chirpin Cricket
Coal Hill's Queen of Hearts
Remmy
Winnie

Director Presque Isle Beagle Club

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

My opinion....there first unit was junk....I read the reviews and asked owners.

I know they can improve....BUT...with the alpha you have Minor issues.....not collars falling apart after 6 trips out.

I would see a slight improvement over the Alpha in collar size, but I have small dogs and it does not slow them down or at least if it does it helps them not overshoot the ends....lol.

I am scared of poor quality in any company....not just knocking the Sport Dog.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

BCBeagles wrote:My opinion....there first unit was junk....I read the reviews and asked owners.

I know they can improve....BUT...with the alpha you have Minor issues.....not collars falling apart after 6 trips out.

I would see a slight improvement over the Alpha in collar size, but I have small dogs and it does not slow them down or at least if it does it helps them not overshoot the ends....lol.

I am scared of poor quality in any company....not just knocking the Sport Dog.

I know the alpha is a step up from the Astro 320 and Dc 40 collars, but mine fell apart on the third trip. I got a whole new one and it lasted three months. I won't buy Garmin again.... From what I have heard the customer service at Sport Dog is second to none.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

FlyinSoLow

Post by FlyinSoLow »

To me the new Sportdog handheld, maps, and screen all look like Magellan GPS
Units. If that's the case and they teamed with Magellan I think I'd pass... Those gps units STINK.
Marissa Everett

"A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study." ~Chinese Proverb

jim matuszewski

Post by jim matuszewski »

I have owned the sportdog tek1 or 3 years now I hunt with guys with the garmin systems it is for sure a step above but at the time I bought I it was the only tracker trainer system at the time. the system works good. at first I had atena issues they fixed that and I also have trouble with collars quitting to take charge, but bottom line is the customer survice is second to none and they are much more reasonably priced than the garmins

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Smoke'n Mack wrote:I don't understand how Sportdog's collars (shocker's and GPS) can be so far ahead of Garmin, yet their handheld look like it was made by a kid in High school for his science project. The Sportdog shockers are about half the size of the Tri-tronics, which it looks like they incorporated into this system.

Time for Garmin to release their Alpha 2.0 with better collars so i can buy it.

AInt that the truth. Sport dog is SIMPLE. and I love simple things.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

JLW

Post by JLW »

Garmin Alpha is the ticket, Sportdog not even in the same league

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

IF sportdog was improving on a quality system I would say go try it....BUT....reviews tell the tale.

There is nothing wrong with the Alpha collars, IMO, I have 5 month old pups running around with them on and I cannot see them causing any issues at all.

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

BCBeagles wrote:IF sportdog was improving on a quality system I would say go try it....BUT....reviews tell the tale.

There is nothing wrong with the Alpha collars, IMO, I have 5 month old pups running around with them on and I cannot see them causing any issues at all.
I never said they were causing issues, I said they have the ability to make them better. There is a difference.