Carolina

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Dale Pea

Carolina

Post by Dale Pea »

Geeez, Dogs did great tonight. I however didn't do so good. Must have been 100 degrees at midnight. Cant wait for fall.

Mitchell Bearfield

Re: Carolina

Post by Mitchell Bearfield »

It's hard on me also and the humidity is unreal can't wait for cool down either
Mitchell Bearfield

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

RAN GOOD THIS MORNING UNTILL 9 ISH HERE COMES HUMIDITY TIME TO GO HOME
BIGDOGPACE

Dale Pea

Post by Dale Pea »

I don't know what it was last night. Ran near Jacksonville and it was steamy hot. Couldn't believe it. It was one in the morning.

ANTHONY KERR

Post by ANTHONY KERR »

I have been too lazy this year. I did pretty good until the end of June. Got some kind of strep throat crossed with the chikengunya the first of July and just worked and slept for the most part of 6 weeks. Hope to get out soon. My dogs are getting restless.
Where's the earth shattering kaboom ?

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

Dale is there rattle snakes over in the area you run? Bad my way. Yea got a short reprieve but the heat and humidity are back. Hopefully by the next few weeks we can get down in the 50's at night or low 60's. The 50's minimize the risk of snake bites and ticks. I ran at night until early June but when we hit high 60's at night started hearing rattlers in the woods a few times where my dogs had ran through my neighbor had 3 get bite in one night all 3 died.I can'trisk a 1000 to 2000 dollar dog getting killed or the future of your breeding program.Steve Church ps get well soon Anthony . I work for the Department of Public Health appears you are one of the first cases of chikengunya in North Carolina.

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

I have never owned a dog that I would not turn out anytime of the year or any place within reason. Ran in Bladen Lakes Game land many times with snakes. Yes I have had few get bit but never as many as 100%.

Guess I just never have had a good one. :hammer:

Built and replace is JMHO :nod:
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

ME EITHER LEE I HUNT YEAR AROUND MORE SCARED OF THIEVES THAN SNAKES ONLY HAD 1 KILLED IN 45 YRS RUNNIN HAS BEEN AWSOME THIS EARLY FALL BEST IVE HAD IN YRS. GUESS ITS THEM T BOS LEE .LOL
BIGDOGPACE