Long haired beagle

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

fourcheriver

Post by fourcheriver »

if i will tree a coon at night it is worth twice the price lol steve :)
steve smith

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

hey brewer ,
how is that cross workin out for ya....i think you called them BREWERPOODLES right.....?....lol....you got them started yet?lmbo...
deke,
if ole cobe was a lil taller i might try him on coons....lol...but for now i'll just let him burn the bunnies.....
by the way i wish i could find the clown i got this hound from...he has a female out of him she prolly aint no good either maybe he will give her to me :lol:

BJK

Post by BJK »

Looks like a branko dog.

stanimals2

Post by stanimals2 »

O.K. seriously my question was what if, any registry recognized them. The AKC site clearly says Short smooth coat, What are the Arha, UKC
standards. Is this acceptable? Is it considered a gene flaw? or could there be something hidding in the woodshed? No direspest meant I am sure its a great dog I just think this is an interesting question.
Thanks, Stan

SouthernBeagles

Post by SouthernBeagles »

stanimals2 wrote:O.K. seriously my question was what if, any registry recognized them. The AKC site clearly says Short smooth coat, What are the Arha, UKC
standards.
Actually AKC standard says this about the coat. (taken directly from the AKC standard)

Coat
A close, hard, hound coat of medium length. Defects--A short, thin coat, or of a soft quality.

stanimals2

Post by stanimals2 »

I stand corrected :)