FREINDS FROM TRIALING IN LP

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

CGS KENNEL SHAWN

FREINDS FROM TRIALING IN LP

Post by CGS KENNEL SHAWN »

I just wanted to take a little time while I am not really competing or trialing due to the summer heat and give thanks to a lot of really good people. I have trialed since the 90's and it would take more space to list the names of people that I have encountered throughout those years than I have. I have meet and kept friends from Ky, Tn, Ohio, Mi, Ms, Mizz, Al, Ar, Ok, Indy, Pa, and parts all across the country. We have seen each other's kids grow up through this sport and made life long connections due to love of hounds and competing. I know that I have done some crazy things like over sleep, wear green sunglasses, cut up and might have drank to much a few times but I would and will forever remember the people and fun that I have on the trial runs. I am not concerned with who owns runs or what they do with the money that I have given to them for every dime I have spent has been worth it for what I have in return. So I say if you have someone that has made a good long lasting impression on you through trialing or hunting give a big shout out to them. I hope to continue to see all you guys and gals in the future trials competing those hounds. I love the sport.

Just random thoughts
Shawn CGS KENNEL
S&S KENNEL SHAWN
2013 Spring National Winner GRCH CGS To Hot Too Molly
LP RCH BAD HABIT
LP RCH Sadie Mae

Squareebeagles

Re: FREINDS FROM TRIALING IN LP

Post by Squareebeagles »

I agree with u Shawn it's a lot of fun and I in joy doing it! Have met a lot of new friends through the years and wouldn't trade nothing for what I have seen and done

CGS KENNEL SHAWN

That got me thinking of what I have seen and done great comment squareebeagles. I have seen some very good cast of dogs that locked on rabbits and I have seen people do some of the funniest things while trying to win a cast. That cast we were in at Oklahoma if the rabbit had not turned it would have been picked up. I Think of the cast me and R.L Williams was on where it was me and him handling 5 dogs a judge and none of us had a truck and had to borrow a truck just to get out. lol Lots of good friends. People like you guys, stavemill, battles with wfo dogs, eastridge, murphy, chad gray, Maguire dogs, bobby vest, jeff brown, bryan Passmore, jake haven, neil kimbrel, chris denniston, Derek rogers, mike conti, Jeremy rice, chad cordell, terry Bradley, james gray, spoon, stoney, dallas Russell, R.L, Pool boys, hill shake rag, randy Lindsey glenn grane, jerry broadhead, gabe and chester so many more that I am going to stop because someone will get mad I forgot a name while typing just a bunch of good friends.
all beaver darn guys, park city guys, sandy gap club, Monticello club, my home club at Russell county, and many more great clubs
S&S KENNEL SHAWN
LP RCH BAD HABIT
LP RCH Sadie Mae

jeremy rice

Post by jeremy rice »

what a point made ol buddy. You know we have thrown a lot of money into this sport.But have walked away with more life long friendships and people that are not just friends but people that I would call my family. A lot of people have come and gone over the years, but we still all stay in touch and try to atleast make sure all is well. We might not agree with everything that has happened and that has taken place over the years but we do agree on 1 thing and that's the love for the dogs and the friendships we encounter. After all when it boils down to it we are just a bunch of country folk doing what we love and having fun doing it. And like I have told many when the fun stops that's when I will give it up. Till then drop the tailgate grab you a seat and lets run you all are invited.
RICE'S BEAGLES
Jeremy, Amy
Zack,Ashlee Rice

MURL-BEAGLER

Post by MURL-BEAGLER »

Big Shawn,

I will never forget the time you packed Matthew up that big hill :shock: I believe he still owes you a pup. :yikes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good Times!

CGS KENNEL SHAWN

I think you right. What about them chocolate donuts that had been in my truck for about six month's that Murphy ate and squatted like a mud duck hahaha
S&S KENNEL SHAWN
LP RCH BAD HABIT
LP RCH Sadie Mae

rabitruner

Post by rabitruner »

Il never forget Shawn and his red solo cups or the look on my wife's face when he told her he was getting in the back of my Toyota with her!

Andy Canterbury

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Great times had by all lol I could write a book on all my adventures over the years. Unfortunately I'll be sittin out a couple years due to lack of funds to travel, but I'll be back eventually. Still gonna rabbit hunt, trialing has took a back seat to the kids for a little bit. I have had a good ride over the last few years hangin out with people near and far.
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

Tuff-E-Nuff

Post by Tuff-E-Nuff »

We have had some good ol times pal and treasure you as a very good friend..
Tuff-E-Nuff Beagles
Silas/Tracy Damron
FCLP Salem's Willy Nelson
GR R.CH Tuff-E-Nuff Annie
HOF Gr.RCh/GrB.Ch Tuff-E-Nuff Charm
Harrogate. TN.

B2B

Post by B2B »

Great post lots of good time runnin after some old dogs and meet a lot of great people.

stavemillbeagles

Post by stavemillbeagles »

We have made so many great friends and some we consider family from Ky, In, IL, Tn, Ok, Mo, Ar, Pa, Oh, Va, Ms, Ia, Ks, La, over the years through running these little dogs a lot of these guys i talk too at least a couple days a week if not more. Too many people to list and most we would have never met if not for the arha hunts. So many great times and so many stories and hope to have many many more memories in the future. As Shawn said i have watched kids grow up and people have watched my kids grow up. My family has a great time at these hunts and we will continue to go as long as we can afford it no matter who owns the arha and no matter how much profit they make at these hunts. We plan our vacation around the world hunt, we could go to Hawaii for vaction but we would rather spend our vacation with our friends, family, and dogs at the world hunt. Great post Shawn thanks for being such a great friend and along with others you are considered family. :nod:
Chris & Yum Yum Wells
http://huntingbeagle.gotop100.com/out.php?id=431

Haters Motivate Me!!

Nurse Laura

Post by Nurse Laura »

Great post Tiny, we have been very fortunate to make such great friends through this wonderful sport. We have been blessed with friendships that expands far beyond the trail season. So many times I have heard the question "have you ever seen ????? hound run?" and it always amazes me that, that particular cast is recalled with such vivid details as if it was ran only yesterday. Memories. Our daughter, Shannon, was asked by a friend "why don't you want to stay home and hang out with your friends this weekend?" she responded that I am going to hang out with my friends and they will be my friends after I leave high school. We are so fortunate to raise our kids around such a group of people. We have so many wonderful memories but a few that really impact me are when we went to visit Jimmie Abshire and I brought Junie home with me knowing full well that I would not bring him back to Jimmie - I took his collar and name tag off and put ours on and took a picture for Jimmie of him holding him for the last time - after a few weeks Jimmie realized he should just give me a price (and Chris still don't know what the price was :moon: ), driving to Lynn Perkins to see Buzz Saw just before he passed away, seeing Boggie in that pink boa and seeing the reaction to it on Blair's face, watching Terry turn 50 shades of red at the world hunt award banquet when Rebel walked in with a tutu on, seeing about 200 stud fee services be donated to a stud dog auction for Dora (CIBC cook for several years & Mandy Cordell's momma) to raise over $5000.00 for her when her home flooded and stood under water for several days, seeing a group of people to come together to put a memorial hunt for Joe Granddad Murphy, when Tiny made fun of me at the Grand Nationals (when Miles won the bench and field putting him in the HOF) when in the finals cast my voice would shake and crack when I would have to call Miles and Derek Rogers could barely believe I could go for long periods without talking, meeting and growing a friendship with Granddad Murphy - as his illness progressed I promised him I would take Miles and run him and get him in the HOF - I spent many hours making Miles my hunting buddy and would video him running uploading them to You-Tube so Joe could let Granddad see and hear him run up until the day he passed away and the Murphy family for bring my hunting buddy home, seeing grown men with tears running down their face at this past years world hunt when a young man's dog passed away while out running the day before the hunt started, knowing that they did cpr in the field trying to save a 19 year olds pet and that Bryan & David gave him a dog they have conditioned so they would have a contender at the world hunt (Charger ended up 8th in the Opens). I know every beagle has memories similar to these that impact them in the same way. I will drive for hours and spend my heard earned money to participate in this sport that I truly love.

Thanks again Tiny for reminding me exactly why I trial.

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

Best post on net. The hounds are just a small portion of reason I like going to hunts. But if wasnt for them i would never met guys like Bobby Vest Mr. Peters Murphy Chester Gabe The Wells. I havent won much but will continue to go to meet new poeple
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

Kenny VanHoose

Post by Kenny VanHoose »

I've had a lot of fun traveling and running places I wouldn't had a chance to run if not for L.P. I have also met a lot of great people from all over that I would have otherwise never had a chance to meet. It has and will continue to be something I enjoy very much. Big shout out to all my friends I have made through L.P. :D
Wildcat Kennel
Wildcat Cosmo
Wildcat Newman
Grand R. Ch. Wildwood Eli
Grand R. Ch. B. CH Wildcat Joker
Grand R. CH. Gr. Bench Ch. Wildcat Earl

cjones

Post by cjones »

I love lp and have made some great friends in the process. I have tried other formats but nothing compares to the hounds and people in lp.
LPGRCH GBCH Saten's Big Time Bodie
LPGRCH GBCH Staten's Blue Honey
LPRCH Windy Ridge Boy Named Sue
LPRCH BCH BLK'S Little Girl
Staten's Up Front Ami