RIP Hillside Farms Rowdy Boy

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

beagler80

RIP Hillside Farms Rowdy Boy

Post by beagler80 »

LPGRCH HOF.....Rowdy must have had a stroke, went out to the pen yesterday and he was holding his head cocked to the right side and had balance issues and would fall over on his ride side now and then. I was hoping he would be better today even though I knew he wouldn't be. I couldn't stand to see him suffer so I took him out and did what needed to be done and laid him to rest. One of if not the best dog Bryan and I ever owned. We put him in the hall of fame and won hound of the year with him with him only being entered in 6 hunts that year. If someone would have owned him that could have ran him more than once or twice a week no telling how many hunts the dog could have won, he was rarely in top condition. We just had to much going on with our boys and sports to run him any more than we did. He was a rabbit dog through and through, could solo with the best of them. I'll miss having him around.
Diamond P Kennel

Rowco Beagle Kennels

Re: RIP Hillside Farms Rowdy Boy

Post by Rowco Beagle Kennels »

That kind of dog will be missed. You have our prayers and sympathy. ROWCO

stavemillbeagles

Post by stavemillbeagles »

Sorry guys, I watches Rowdy run several times and he could get it done in the field. Denver said it best, Rowdy was a rabbit dog through and through!!
RIP Rowdy
Last edited by stavemillbeagles on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris & Yum Yum Wells
http://huntingbeagle.gotop100.com/out.php?id=431

Haters Motivate Me!!

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

Out of all your guys' dogs I ever got to see in action, he was my favorite. Sorry to hear.
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Definitely one to remember, he was a good one.
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

zjamesmoore

Post by zjamesmoore »

I was only lucky enough to run with Rowdy one time at the age of 12 when he was well past his prime . Although unless I'm mistaken he won hound of the year in 2011 when he was a 10 year old dog. I bred a Logan Elm Neal gyp to him and she did not take but every time I speak with various houndsmen of which I highly respect there opinion regarding Rowdy it makes me absolutely sick that my female didn't take.

The Asphalt Man

Post by The Asphalt Man »

I have judged Rowdy many times of the years and he was one of the best in my book. Sorry for lost Bryan and Denver

CGS KENNEL SHAWN

Post by CGS KENNEL SHAWN »

Sorry for your loss Bryan and Denver Rowdy was a powerful hound liked him a lot.
S&S KENNEL SHAWN
2013 Spring National Winner GRCH CGS To Hot Too Molly
LP RCH BAD HABIT
LP RCH Sadie Mae