Garmin Alpha Charging ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

hignite1

Garmin Alpha Charging ?

Post by hignite1 »

I have just bought an alpha and I know the handheld needs recharged ever 20 to 40 hrs depending on update rate. Anyways my question is on the collars do they have to be charged as often as the handheld .Thanks

DIXIEDOG

Re: Garmin Alpha Charging ?

Post by DIXIEDOG »

I charge mine every time I use them....even if I only ran the dogs for 3 hrs I still charge them. Nothing worse than going to use them and have them dead. :nod:

OKIEDOG

Post by OKIEDOG »

You should ALWAYS charge up your Alpha system after using it. Always. It is an li-ion battery, so there's no worries about battery memory. The charger actually cycles the battery (much like a marine battery). Do you HAVE to...like it's mandatory or Garmin police will swoop down on you? Nope. But, for peak performance, always keep it charged.

Technically, the batteries on the collars will last at least 12 hours. I've pushed mine to 14 (doing tests), but, after about 11 hours, you start to get some hiccups as batteries drain. Unless I forget, my Alpha goes on a charger every single time I'm done with it at the end of a day so I'm always ready to last in the field til the cows come home! :0)

Mike Franklin
OKIE DOG SUPPLY
918-633-3519
www.OKIEDOGSUPPLY.com

hignite1

Post by hignite1 »

Thanks for the info. It would be hard to go back to regular shock collar after using the alpha I like it

OKIEDOG

Post by OKIEDOG »

Your welcome! If you are using a splitter, and using that splitter to charge your alpha on your computer-the Alpha won't charge right. If you want to charge your Alpha on your computer, use the USB cord.

I luv my alpha too. We oughta have a 'luv alpha' club. Lol

Mike

retired4now740

Post by retired4now740 »

I LUV mine! Charge it after every time out. Still keep my Tri-Tronics G-3, 6 collars for my puppy training around the yard, they have to be taught. I have posted before that the Alpha is total peace of mind when afield...... :!:
Life is too short to run UGLY DOGS