FC NorthTown Frosty

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Casey Harner

FC NorthTown Frosty

Post by Casey Harner »

Did anyone see this dog run or offspring off of him, very curious about his traits good or bad. Thanks
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

ericwaddle3

Re: FC NorthTown Frosty

Post by ericwaddle3 »

Interested in this info as well!
Waddle’s Crankin Ada
Waddle’s Crankin Ratchet
Waddle’s Crankin Bella
R.I.P
FCGD GRPCH WOLDPCH PPRCH Show Me's Crank
PCH Waddle’s Jazzmanian Devil
Waddle's Blooming Pixie

Slaux

Re: FC NorthTown Frosty

Post by Slaux »

I believe I judged Frosty when he obtained his first win around 1996 or 1997. I didn't give him the win, he earned it and I just evaluated the pack. It was a tough, very hot and dry, hard scenting day at Lake Superior. He showed tremendous desire and endurance, coupled with control. Most of the time the run wasn't faster than a fast trot, but at times he would burn it out of there. Usually he was grubbing it out and the other hounds were keying off him. It wasn't too hard to see who the winner was when the rest of the pack was looking at him and immediately harking up to him when he opened.

I didn't see him run again until years later at the Borderline Club when he was an old hound. May have been at one of the Nationals in 2001 or 2002. He ran the same, without the foot or athleticism he had in his youth, but still an excellent, clean running, true hound. He wasn't a real big dog, maybe 14 1/4 with an athletic build. The cross Frosty was out of produced several outstanding hounds. Frosty was owned by one of the finest gentlemen you'd ever meet, Allen Hendrickson.