Who would you breed to?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bigcfromrbc

Who would you breed to?

Post by bigcfromrbc »

I mean this in the present. I've got a female in the near future I am going to breed her. She's a great dog with a great pedigree. I don't field trail a lot, but that doesn't mean I don't want to own great dogs either. I'm going to be seeking a male to breed to, and there are three things I'm looking that are must haves in a dog.

1) Hunt
2) Desire
3) Intelligence

Everything else comes after that and not in any real order. I know my female has these three qualities and the male needs to as well. She's at least 1's 3 inches. General size and color doesn't matter to me. She's a hard hunter, has great desire, and I've witness her do some real smart things when the rabbit was trying to be tricky. She's only a little over two years old right now. I'll show pics of her, and her parents pedigree. She is akc registered. Has had a lot of rabbits killed on her the last two seasons.

Who do you guys suggest to breed to?

Attachments
ann1.jpg
ann1.jpg (54.78 KiB) Viewed 2789 times
ann2.jpg
ann2.jpg (62.34 KiB) Viewed 2789 times

BCBeagles

Re: Who would you breed to?

Post by BCBeagles »

Left you a pm...call me 304-6946331...have an offer the working man can afford.

take care!!

RabbitSlayer40

Post by RabbitSlayer40 »

I'd definetly look into crossing with a heavy northway bred male. They are known for the extreme hunt and desire. They make A-1 rabbit dogs an many of them can do it both trial an gun hunt. I might just be partial since that's all I have but in my opinion you can't go wrong with some northway blood.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

I would go watch a stud dogs run. Our opinions is just that, opinions. You've gotta run these pups and you only know what you like. I would watch the stud go if you can and pups out of their different females. These pups are an investment to your kennel and you should choose on what you like.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

WOULD NOT BREED HER WOULD SELL HER TO ME LOL REGGIE STUFF ALWAYS CROSS GOOD ON REFFET AND NORTHWAY FOR ME
BIGDOGPACE

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

Oh I want to see them run if they can or a beagle out of it run. I know some are up in age like Dino for example. I want to do more then just go breed to one. I want to see it run, and the off spring run. I'd also like pedigree's as it will give me an ideal on the hound.

I have thought about breeding to a Northway dog. Was considering White Hustler. I would go with Loko Go Gunsmoke but I've got a male pup directly out of him. I'm new to breeding, but doing my best to make sure I do it right. Not only that but that I actually contribute to beagling. Not just have pups cause I can.

I've thought about selling her many times, but the more I take her out the more I like having her. She's really came along since I've been putting a ton of tracks on her. I thought about crossing over to Reggie stuff but from what I've seen out of Reggie I've not liked. I think quantity instead of quality has been doing with him.

Do understand I'm not knocking Reggie nor good hounds out of him. Just from what I've seen I have never liked.

pcable

Post by pcable »

I've got her uncle if you would be interested in linebreeding. He has what you're looking for. Give me a call at 606-639-1192
IF A DOG WON'T HUNT, IT CAN'T JUMP RABBITS!!!
Owner Co-Owner
Cables Ragin' Recoil
Cables Rockin Ruby
Cables Tuff Baba Clyde
Martin's Holly Lynn
Wireman's Little Ann

ironjawdawgs

Post by ironjawdawgs »

You're more than welcomed to come watch this guy go. He's the blood you have in mind.
http://americanbeagler.huntingboards.co ... 27&t=89917

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

Akers dragonball Z .
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

Harris Creek

Post by Harris Creek »

mike crabtree wrote:Akers dragonball Z .
Northway Ironjaw Dusty or you could take a look at Threejays Jack's Flyman, he's on the general services page.

Harris Creek

Post by Harris Creek »

Northway Ironjaw Dusty or check out Threejays Jack's Flyman on general services.

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

Flyman or Tango, both fit what you are looking for
Last edited by Ohiohntr on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

ironjawdawgs

Post by ironjawdawgs »

mike crabtree wrote:Akers dragonball Z .
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Good choice to. My screamer dogs mom and ball Z's mom were sisters. Only difference between the two is Z's dad is outta Ninja (Spur) crossed over onto a Sampson female and Screamers dad was outta Jumpmaster (Spur) crossed over onto a female that was outta Ninja. And Ninja was crossed over onto Sampson's littermate sister Sarah who as most knows outta Driver.

John-PA

Post by John-PA »

Blue Bud

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

John-PA wrote:Blue Bud
X2 :cool:
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg