Beagle magazines.

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

wvdaniel

Beagle magazines.

Post by wvdaniel »

I have been wandering. When I first got into beagling in the mid 90's I use to get the rabbit hunter. I thank it changed hands a few times and is now the American beagler. So what other magazines are out there that has not just trial stuff in it but beagling altogether. Nothing against trials either. Just want a good beagle magazine to read. I don't even know If better beagling is out there. Just looking for ideas and opinions. Thanks

gpen08

Re: Beagle magazines.

Post by gpen08 »

I get Better Beagling. American Beagler is primarily UKC stuff. I'm not sure about the rabbit hunter. Hounds and Hunting has both traditional brace and gundog stuff. I got BB because it has stories in it besides trial stuff. Not saying other ones don't just the one I liked best.

wvdaniel

Post by wvdaniel »

Thanks a lot for the information

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

Rabbit Hunter is ok, mainly PP stuff with about 80% trial news. I don't trial much so I didn't get that much out of it. Hounds & Huntinting is good, esp. if you have AKC SPO med. speed dogs. I like Am Beagler. I don't trial much at all but I like it cuz alot of it is in MO, the dogs are about the speed of mine, & I remember some of the guys from a few years ago when I went to a few of those trials.
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10