Reverend Parks articles on beagle history?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sgc

Reverend Parks articles on beagle history?

Post by sgc »

Years ago in the Rabbit Hunter mag (or Amer. Beagler), Rev. Parks wrote articles on the history of beagling & breeding. He followed who begot who, etc. I remember he went back to the Pearson Creeks, but talked about other lines also. Can anyone tell me what year & month these articles started? thanks.

S.R.Patch

Re: Reverend Parks articles on beagle history?

Post by S.R.Patch »

It was the Rabbit Hunter.
1988 he had the open forum on breeding, 1989 he started doing lines and families of hounds.
I just saw 1990 had the Yellow Creeks in it. Uncle Billy on the cover with Diamond Ring III.

sgc

Post by sgc »

Got it, thanks.

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I've got a book titled "Breeding Better Beagles" by Rev.Parks published in 1990 by Son-Rise Publishing and Distribution Co. Rt.3 Box 202 New Wilmington,Pa. 16142.Phone 412 946-8334. Keep in mind that I bought the book 24 years ago so don't know if it's still available.
A very good read.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Had a look see and found my copy of Rev. Parks book, "Breeding Better Beagles".
Everett said he contracted John to write for the Rabbit Hunter Magazine in Sept. 1987.
Found it right next to Tom Dornin's book "Breeding a Strain of Better Beagles", that was right next to Randall's "Wilderness Patchwork".

sgc

Post by sgc »

Thanks. I've got 2 of the 3 books. Breeding Better Beagles is very informative & I've always used it as a reference when raising a litter of pups. I've read Wilderness Patchwork 2 to 3 times. It's a great book & is entertaining even if you're not a beagler. I found the magazines I previously asked about. I was looking to find something on Del Ray Stubby but didn't see anything on him. Do you know of any write-ups on Stubby? I was missing a few months of magazines in that time period, so not sure if he showed up in any of Rev. Parks articles. thanks,