mule clothing???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

outlaw

mule clothing???

Post by outlaw »

Has any of you guys used the mule briar proof shirts and if so how did you like them? Thinking of ordering one but wanted some opinions.THANKS

David Bowers

Re: mule clothing???

Post by David Bowers »

I have never heard of mule clothing but was able to pull it up on the internet. I may ask Santa to bring me a pair to try, they look good. My wick are wore out BAD been that way for years but I can’t find anything to hold up to them. Man I hate wick went belly up.
http://sqdawgs.com/LOOK OUT THE WAY HE WENT KENNELS

Mhouse

Post by Mhouse »

I have mule chaps, mule rain coat and a mule front game load orange hunting vest! All the best I have ever had in over twenty five years of rabbit hunting! Got mine from Chuck Prather @ plumcreekkennelsupplies.com
MEADOWWOOD'S BEAGLES

green river

Post by green river »

I have the Mule bibs and hunting coat and love them. This is my fourth year with them. Talked to the lady at Mule on the phone, she asked for a few measurements over the phone and everything fit fine. I'm sure their shirts are good as well.

David Bowers

Post by David Bowers »

Outlaw did you get them dogs? If you order the shirt let me know what you think.
David
http://sqdawgs.com/LOOK OUT THE WAY HE WENT KENNELS

Chip E

Post by Chip E »

Dan's is making Bibs and Chaps and Jackets now out of the same material that Wicks used it is called Rugged wear and there Chaps that are made out of the same material is called Five Star Chaps. I have compared them to a pair of Wicks Chaps and they look the same and feel the same on the material part. I handle them if interested in them give me a call 304-984-1430 Eisenhut Dog Supplies we are changing are web site to make them easier to find them.

OKIEDOG

Post by OKIEDOG »

Outlaw: My name is MIke Franklin. I own MULE HUNTING CLOTHES. You won't find a tougher American made product on the market than Mule Hunting Clothes. The briarproof shirt is tough, however, most people, myself included, wear it more as a jacket than a shirt (a light fall/early spring or winter) jacket. Because Mule clothing is made of tough, briarproof material, initially it is a little stiff, however, it loosens up very nice and soon becomes like your favorite pair of jeans or tshirt.

My recommendation is if you choose to wear the briarproof shirt-approach it more as a light jacket type of wear. You will want at least a tshirt underneath, but regardless of how you wear it, Mule is American made toughness at its best!

We look forward to serving you...either us directly or any of our other fine dealers such as Plum Creek or my other company OKIE DOG SUPPLY or Down South Game Calls, Twin Lakes Outfitters, Cydnee Designs, and other fine dealers. You can see a list of dealers on the Mule website: http://www.MULEHUNTINGCLOTHES.com

We look forward to serving you with outstanding service!

Mike Franklin
MULE HUNTING CLOTHES INC
www.MULEHUNTINGCLOTHES.com
Last edited by OKIEDOG on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

OKIEDOG

Post by OKIEDOG »

Mhouse, Greenriver, and David: Thank you for being a Mule supporter. We can't do it without you. We're happy you love your Mule and find it every bit as tough as we think they are! :0) We appreciate you all!

Mike Franklin
MULE HUNTING CLOTHES INC
www.MULEHUNTINGCLOTHES.com

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

I am proud to wear and sell Mule! It actually is so nice it sells itself! Thanks for letting me be part of this great product!

OKIEDOG

Post by OKIEDOG »

Thanks Chuck! We can't say enough about fine dealers like you!

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

Ive been wearing the summer chaps (with netting in the back) and love love LOVE them. The ONLY issue I have found with them is that the netting will separate if you really get in the brush alot and have sticks etc poking through the netting. Even with this minor issue i won't be trading them in for anything else anytime soon! i really like the breathability in the summer
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

I don't like slamming anyone on this board but I've used mule for the last 15 years or so. The water proof chaps have always been the best. I bought a waterproof jacket one year and it did not breath what so ever and I would be dripping wet under the jacket from sweat so if you get a jacket
Or shirt make sure it does not have the water proof lining . I never had a bad product from mule up until a few years ago. I purchased a water proof coveralls to wear in wet weather. The first time I wore them in the rain I got sopping wet. At first I thought it was sweat again but it wasn't. Water was actually coming right thru even just from wet grass. I called mule and the gentleman told me he had just bought the company and really was not responsible for the previous owner but after talking to him and reminding him of the warrenty on the products he agreed to take a look at them if I sent them back. But never did. Didn't like that I had to bargain with the guy to fix a problem. anyway If you buy any of there waterproof briar stuff make sure you go out and test quick and my sure there is no problem with it......dh

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

deerhost wrote:I don't like slamming anyone on this board but I've used mule for the last 15 years or so. The water proof chaps have always been the best. I bought a waterproof jacket one year and it did not breath what so ever and I would be dripping wet under the jacket from sweat so if you get a jacket
Or shirt make sure it does not have the water proof lining . I never had a bad product from mule up until a few years ago. I purchased a water proof coveralls to wear in wet weather. The first time I wore them in the rain I got sopping wet. At first I thought it was sweat again but it wasn't. Water was actually coming right thru even just from wet grass. I called mule and the gentleman told me he had just bought the company and really was not responsible for the previous owner but after talking to him and reminding him of the warrenty on the products he agreed to take a look at them if I sent them back. But never did. Didn't like that I had to bargain with the guy to fix a problem. anyway If you buy any of there waterproof briar stuff make sure you go out and test quick and my sure there is no problem with it......dh
Dam that wasn't right .
TheJohnBirchSociety

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

I'm going on second year with Mule waterproof chaps and pretty satisfied. Have the Wick waterproof coat and have the same problem deerhost has....they don't breath....you sweat...then get cold. I now wear all wool clothing under my Wick game vest. I stay warm....the wool breathes and repels moisture pretty well but it's not a raincoat. Never owned or seen an effective rain coat that didn't cause you to sweat. I've dropped a pretty penny on Woolrich gear and very pleased.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

outlaw

Post by outlaw »

thanks guys for all the feedback good and bad,lol I am ordering the briar t-shirt and the bib overalls I will let you know what I think in a couple weeks after putting them to the test in these nasty briars I have.