Pictures of your success of gun day

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Hammerpolly

Pictures of your success of gun day

Post by Hammerpolly »

I know all are proud of their dogs and the success they have. You might want to think about what effect those pictures of several gunned rabbits, or any game have. Those pictures add fuel to the fire of animal rights groups. They are furious that anyone would kill any animal for any reason. City folks in large cities dont like our hounds or hunting. They will one day get laws passed to stop us, and those pictures are what they will use against us. Ive seen laws against hunting and other animal use sports. Its coming and faster than you think.

Just asking you all to think before you post.
Breed and hunt dogs that have strong desire, hunt hard, are pretty, have natural ablity in the field, and are smart. Hammer Talkin Beagles

Casey Harner

Re: Pictures of your success of gun day

Post by Casey Harner »

Let the haters hate... It don't matter what we do or post, their are gonna be animal activists out there, I doubt that will ever stop hunters to hunt. I don't see any body ever coming in to take our hounds or guns away, cause if that ever came down to that this world will turn into how the old west was. I don't think any politician or any government official wants that. Killing animals how responsible and ethical hunters do things are more humane than what most butchers do. These anti-hunters and animal activists will keep coming at us for a long long time, but I don't see us going in anywhere.... I believe we need to worry more about the Muslim nation and terrorists coming into our country to cut our wives and children's heads off and worried more about this nation having a big racial war, than a few dang animal activists on their high horse. Just my .02
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

rnbrunton

Post by rnbrunton »

JMO,but if the pics are in good taste,no gore, blood an such and are in accordance with local game laws and fair chase,who cares what the antis think?The pics on this page are for the folks on here to enjoy.It's not like they are posted on a billboard or front page of the newspaper.Any anti's who would come to this page would twist anything here to suit their agenda.Again jmo. rnb
Red AKC Gundogs Just one more chase.RNB Eastview Tomahawk Chief 1996-2006

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

Good post!! There was a day when it was not an issue. Not today. Many think outlawing pursuing game with hounds will never happen. Yet California already has in regards to Mt. Lions. The technology we all enjoy has its down sides. Just take a look at what it cost the bear hunters in the state of Maine this last Nov.to protect their privilege to continue hunting bear with hounds. HSUS targeted Maine for a reason. It has the highest population of black bear east of the Mississippi River. The anti's have deep pockets filled with money and will use everything we give them for ammunition against us.

We definitely don't need to provide them with ammunition. We're having a hard enough time fighting back as it is.

I mean no disrespect to anyone and I love the sport as much as anyone else. We do need to be mindful of what and how we present ourselves, especially in this day and time.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

With all due respect...you are entitled to an opinion and that is what you stated.

BUT with all the COMPLETE TRASH on this internet we all live on the least of there worries should be a harvested animal used to feed someone's family.

I have to go further in saying if you don't like it....don't look at it. I am repulsed by seeing a same sex couple pic on the front page of my paper so I choose not to get a paper.

We, as hunters, need to remain UNITED....hunting is not cruel and barbaric like many think. It was here MUCH before the liberalism....and WILL BE here well after they are gone.

When the liberals try to take away our freedoms that MANY good men and women died for.....I am quite confident it just won't go down as easy as a vote in the house....

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I have to also disagree with the poster. A verse from the Bible recommended, "keep not your light under a bushel but on the sill so others will see and know". Hiding or acting shame or fearful only give others reason to doubt and lack of knowledge about what we do in our sport.
If the law is 5 rabbits per person and 5 people are represented with their legal game limit, there can be no foul. The pictures and film clips about cooking our game for a meal also shows there is no wasting of the resource and the actual hunting films show the rabbit so often wins at the game and we and the hounds are left to go home, weary, tired and empty handed..
It is so refreshing to see young people out with their family members enjoying their hounds and nature rather than in the house on computer or cellphone. Many don't know any outlet for their energy and interest, so they're always getting into trouble, I was one of them for a while. I fully credit God's grace and these little hounds for steering idle hands away from the devil's workshop.
We are not all cut from the same mould, but that is acceptable and we should lend that understanding to one another in what we do and enjoy. There was once and elderly lady that made and sold "rag rugs" down the road from us. I remember visiting her as a boy and helping her make some of the rugs. I ask her, "does it bother you that others walk upon your labors?", she said, "no, it brings beauty and cleanliness into their homes", how many can make and sell that?
That's the way I look at our sport, it gets us out to enjoy our families and nature, cleans the mind, improve our health and the tension from work and life are all but forgotten, if only for a little while.
What do those who seek to take it from you offer instead? Only the embroiled battle against what they don't understand and what they wish to impose upon you? NO SELL, on that one! jmho

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

Hiding in the shadows makes the things you do appear sketchy and as something you are ashamed of. Anti's will use anything whether there are 15 rabbits lines up or just your beagle is on a 6 foot lead or has a bloody tail. Sportsmen as a whole should stand tall and stick together, times of retreating should be gone. :nod:

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

I agree. Let's not fold to animal activists. I see nothing wrong with a hunter with five rabbits or 5 hunters with 25 rabbits. They obeyed the law, took their legal limit, and are proud of there dogs.

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

Househounds

Post by Househounds »

:check: I agree. Keep it clean and keep it real. No Problem. Signature pic is one of my favs. My three sons and two beagles after a great morning hunt. I have not seen anything on here that I would worry about. I like viewing all the pics of rabbits, hare, coyotes, etc that people have taken with there dogs. I hope others enjoy seeing mine. I have fun putting them up and sharing comments. I think thats what a big part of this board if for.
[img]http://media5000.dropshots.com/pho ... .jpg[/img]
2016-7th Annual MLK Day Rabbit Hunting Extravaganza

Hammerpolly

Post by Hammerpolly »

You dont have to convince me of your rights or anything else. As stated the animal rights groups have lots of money and you cant reason with them, they hate what we do and politicians listen to money nothing else. We have our standards we were taught by parents and grandparents and our beleifs, they have theirs.
We are a dying breed less and less places to hunt each year. What do you think caused that? Disrespect partly, im goin to do what I want attitude without thinking.
I will say no more and ill not argue.
Breed and hunt dogs that have strong desire, hunt hard, are pretty, have natural ablity in the field, and are smart. Hammer Talkin Beagles

fatboy

Post by fatboy »

Casey Harner, those comments words about the animal rights nuts are correct. A lot of sad people who could not survive without a grocery store. Not always city people but the cities do have high percentages. The more we try to hide our hunting, the more we look like we are doing something wrong. If people don't, want to hunt or eat wild animals that's their choice, but they don't need to try to stop others from doing so. People should worry more about their own action than others when it isn't hurting them.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

So if we wait and hide under the bush till they come knock at the door, what then...Is it too little too late?
I keep hearing in my minds ear, "those who would forsake Liberty at the sake of safety deserve neither". Come hither my little mouse, the cheese is for you... :twisted:

Should posterity read, "They fought for their rights till the end" or "they died like the dodo bird, forgotten and unconsequential"?

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

I agree with Patch. I am not gonna stand around and coward down around my enemies. As I said we should worry about terrorists coming into our country than animal actitvates. Wonder how many actitvates eat meat?
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

warddog

Post by warddog »

Casey,
I'll tell you that the activist sneak into BIG slaughter houses and film what appears to them as atrocities and then publish it ALL over the media. When I worked as USDA meat and poultry inspector I have been involved with it many times. I have also seen plants closed down as a result of the activist infiltration and filming of plants. There was one such incident plastered ALL over the news media with a BIG slaughter establishment in California that were slaughtering old dairy cows and inhumanely handling them. Inhumane is in the eye of the beholder although the federal government has regulations and specifics that describe what is and what isn't inhumane when it comes to live stock slaughter. By the way rabbits are considered live stock as there are plants that process them under federal inspection. With all that said, I am a hunter, always have been, always will be and will always strictly abide by the law in doing so BUT please do NOT under estimate what these anti's can do as I have witnessed it when BIG money plants were involved. When they plastered video's that depicted only what they wanted folks to see and ALL the do-gooders started contacting Congressional reps the Sh*t hit the fan. Never is forever and I've already seen so many changes since I was kid starting out hunting it is obvious to me that times are changing fast. There has already been so much debate on these boards about hunting property and hunters dogs going onto property they do NOT have permission to hunt or even be on and their right to retrieve their dog, game etc. All I can say is folks better be sure what their state regulations cite. I know there are a lot in Indiana that may have a rude awakening when it comes to trespassing. I remember when I was a kid this was NEVER a topic neither was it addressed in the hunting guide BUT today it has it's own unambiguous paragraph and is clearly written.

Remmy

Post by Remmy »

Home of:
Emerick's Shoot em up Blue Nellie
Emerick's Thicket Chirpin Cricket
Coal Hill's Queen of Hearts
Remmy
Winnie

Director Presque Isle Beagle Club