Any suggestions would be helpful!?!?!?!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

pabstman

Any suggestions would be helpful!?!?!?!

Post by pabstman »

I have a female that her rectum has prolapsed in the past. I was feeding her purina dog chow but switched her over to diamond high energy because I ciuldnt keep a good weight on her when it was cold and I was huntig her alot with the dog chow. After a few weeks on the diamond, she prolapsed. She had surgery and I thought was fixed. Kept her on the diamond and she prolapsed again. So I switched her to pedigree and she has been fine since. Until I switched her to diamond naturals chicken and rice just recently due to hunting her alot and it being cold and her weight wasnt holding up on the pedigree. Now her rectum is getting inflamed again and looks like it might prolapse again. I switch her back on pedigree and have started her on a stool softener. Hopefully this helps but with hunting season in full swing and it being cold I believe I need her on a better feed with more fat and protein. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone heard of this before or experienced this before. Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Tsa la gi

Re: Any suggestions would be helpful!?!?!?!

Post by Tsa la gi »

Sport Mix 24/20. Black bag.

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

It may sound crazy but back in the day I used to show club lambs which I paid some darn good money for. i had one that was prolapsing and the doc recommended using preparation H when It started to look like he may prolapse. I used it the rest of the summer and he never once had another prolapse. Might ask your doc his thoughts on the same thing for dogs. I wonder if a cheaper food that most of us wouldnt use because it gives them loose stools most of the time would be helpful so she's not stressing so hard to go. I dont know how old she is but it sounds to me like your gonna be fighting an uphill battle the rest of that dogs life. Good luck
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

Tsa la gi wrote:Sport Mix 24/20. Black bag.
This feed is working for me ! im runnin them every day and they are keeping weight on.

scottlefevers

Post by scottlefevers »

had 2 pups do this preparation h worked for me she may also need wormed my vet said most cases was from being over wormy which also makes sense why she aint keeping on weight also soaking in warm water and apple cider vinegar will also help she may just have a sensitive stomach