run em over tank

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

lonewolf

run em over tank

Post by lonewolf »

whats everybodys opinion on this hound,,,likes -dislikes,,,,whats his hunt, speed line and jumping power like,,,,,,thanks
you can take a kid out of the country, but you cant take the country out of a kid

Big Dog

tank

Post by Big Dog »

Tank ran in AKC SPO, UKC and ARHA Progressive Pack. I believe he championed in all 3 formats. He was a little above medium speed with good line control. From what I understand he had good hunt also. All of this is 2nd hand info from some of the guys in my club who have seen him run.

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

I have ran with some of his pups,I wasn't impressed. They lacked hunt and speed.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759

Hilltop Kennels

Post by Hilltop Kennels »

I went and watched this dog run a bunch of times and he has medium speed and GREAT line control and above average hunt from what I seen. When he is on he is unstoppable but when he is not on then he seems to me to just be an above average dog. It seem like to me like he just did not have enough speed for me. Very impressed with his control of the pack and his line control :!: :!:

bunnie harvester

Post by bunnie harvester »

I`ve got a Tank male ,he is 14" ,runs med + ,, handles great, first dog in always, great chop mouth, line control is good, ,his hunt is good in the fields and open cover, briars he is lacking , goes in and out to much.. never barks in the kennel, I like the way he slots up, over all hes a keeper and I`d take 2 more like him

JHW929

run em over tank

Post by JHW929 »

My cousin has 3 or 4 dogs out of tank, and they are all ukc GRHBCH. They have good speed, great line control, and they all hunt hard.
Josh Ware

Post by Guest »

Well any dog that can win arha run off also he won the US champ. 3 times thats got to say hes a darn good dog seen him run hes good there is different running styles coming out of his pups but thats how it goes.
Danny King

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

well the reason i asked this is because i got an 8 month old pup from him that is a very hard hunter he has real good speed,,,,,super bawl mouth,,,,,,just curious never heard anything about his style,,,,,
you can take a kid out of the country, but you cant take the country out of a kid

waterboy

Post by waterboy »

i alway hear good thing coming from him but his pups are some what lacking hunt and brains

Post by Guest »

So just what Tank pups have you ran with TommyG, that lacked the hunt and speed? I am really curious.

Ryan Ware
Rocky Ridge Beagles

high ridge joe

Post by high ridge joe »

saw Tank last year ran great.....what stays with me most about him that day was his voice, hunt and desire. Even at his age he turned some nice tricks on the bunny.

Joe Tomeno
jtomeno@localnet.com

ryan...you have an e mail?

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

I have seen about 5 or 6 of them run and there definately not what I would consider fast or anything close to it.

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

lamarr,,,,what did you see out of the tank hounds,,mine is no wind splitter but he is a real hard upper medium speed he isnt slow,,,,,,hell of a machine gun chop mouth and uses it right, he has very good hunt and a super nose with alot of brains to go with it,,,,,by no means would i ever trial this hound but he is gonna be a super tough gun dog,,

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

They just seemed to be a real tight line dog.I agree they would make a good rabbit dog but not a trial hound.

>>>Tom Gunther<<<

Post by Guest »

Tom,
I'm just curious, if you say your not impressed with the tank dogs you've ran with.....just what is your opinion on your own dogs........ I don't run anybody's dogs down....but the times I've run against you and my other friends have run against you with their tank dogs......I believe they've gotten the best of your dog(s) most of the time. Maybe you should think before you open your mouth.......or maybe you just haven't been around the UKC side of things long enough.