a few recent hare hunting/running videos

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

HAREHOUND

a few recent hare hunting/running videos

Post by HAREHOUND »

S.R.Patch

Re: a few recent hare hunting/running videos

Post by S.R.Patch »

Hey Marty,
Thanks for putting on the hare clips. Looks like you guys are having a good winter with the hounds. I heard you speak of large loops and small loops, did you notice any more pressure being applied by the hounds on the large loops or do your think the hare already had her mind made up on the route of travel?
I had just figured out how to put on the picture in the avtar when Norwester banned me. Maybe when he gets over his closed boarder policy we can finish the discussion of how and why hare run as they do. I noticed it was the -6 deg day when you said you were getting huge loops out of the hare they were after and it seemed the hounds on the clip were not pushing very hard and the scenting appeared to be faint. Knowing that we are not the only predators after the hare/rabbit, do you think that and the age/experience of the hare had anything to do with the size circuit she ran?
Always good to hear from you guys...

Richie57

Post by Richie57 »

As always Marty I enjoy the vids. It's great getting home from work kicking back and relax watching your vids. I will be headed home 4 or 5 times this year so will see about slipping down your way for some running. Keep me coming!

HAREHOUND

Post by HAREHOUND »

Patch - never thought too hard about the big or small running hare. my little brain tells me that more pressure will make em run bigger. but like u noticed in the one clip, it was below zero and slow going and the hare ran huge. when they are breeding they run big because they get out of there home area.

Rich - your more than welcome anytime. just give a call n we can run. if your short on time we can at least B.S. about dogs n drink a cup of coffee.

buckeyebunnyhunter

Post by buckeyebunnyhunter »

Great vids

Big Oak Beagles

Post by Big Oak Beagles »

Great video guys! As a North Carolina bunny chaser we don't get to see that much snow,and the white rabbit's y'all got up there just blow me away! Not sure what our hounds would do in the snow and if they knew what that big white bunny was! Lol Loved the show guys great job! Keep the videos coming! Thanks! Big Oak Beagles

Big Oak Beagles

Post by Big Oak Beagles »

Great video guys! As a North Carolina bunny chaser we don't get to see that much snow,and the white rabbit's y'all got up there just blow me away! Not sure what our hounds would do in the snow and if they knew what that big white bunny was! Lol Loved the show guys great job! Keep the videos coming! Thanks! Big Oak Beagles

BrownBear

Post by BrownBear »

Enjoyed the video and kennel tour. Looks like you have no shortage of dogs to choose from.
Thanks for posting