Garmin Alpha VS Sportdog Tek 2.0

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ahoward

Garmin Alpha VS Sportdog Tek 2.0

Post by ahoward »

Which do you recommend? Problems with either? Things you like/dislike? Actual range, etc.

wireman252

Re: Garmin Alpha VS Sportdog Tek 2.0

Post by wireman252 »

I currently have the Alpha and love it. I had the Tek 1.0 and it was nothing but trouble . After sometime of dealing with them I realized it was pure crap. As for the Tek 2 , I have no idea ,but I would be very skeptical after my personal experience from the Tek 1.
You would not be disappointed with the Garmin. It has never let me down.

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

I had the tek 1.0
It was crap!!
I got a alpha now
Love it
Id say the tek 2.0 aint got a chance against alpha
Sportdog has alway been runner up against
Garmin/tri tronics
Id say it always be that
Just my opinion

haderondah

Post by haderondah »

Never heard anything good about the sport dog. Had a sport dog shocking unit that was given to me for free, and was'nt worth what i paid for it. Lol! Bought the alpha when it first came out, love it! I mostly hunt hare in the adirondacks, a lot of big runs. When dogs go out of hearing it is priceless.
Home of
Hazzards bawling bindy
Brankos stormy hill
Haderondah puppy tuppy
Haderondah mad jilly
Haderondah mystic blue

Lawsonsbeagles

Post by Lawsonsbeagles »

I owned a tek 1.0 and never had any problems from it. Only thing i didnt like about it was the no map feature. I have a astro 320 now and havent had any problems from it either besides i lose communication with my collars from time to time and dogs are never over a mile away. I never lost communication on the Tek 1.0 one time. The 2.0 has map features and i wouldnt be afraid to try it. Ive owned the 3225 since it came out. Still running the same 6 original collars from the start. Replaced a battery on one collar. I guess there nearing 7 year old or older and used atleast 3 times a week year around. Button went bad on handheld and they sent me a new referbished one for 60 dollars. In my opinion there better quality and customer service is way better from what ive heard from tritronics people. This is just my experience.
Lawson's Beagles
Jeff Lawson

JDTKennels

Post by JDTKennels »

In my opinion u cant compare the 2, Garmin (alpha) is the best.

ahoward

Post by ahoward »

Has anyone tried the new sportdog?

steve w

Post by steve w »

GAMEOVER

Post by GAMEOVER »

Ihave a tek 1.0 alot of recurring issues , bought the tek 2.0 but havent used it yet, seems like the basic functions are the same as 1.0, only reason i have kept the tek 1 and bought the tek 2 is the customer service its second to none