how about your bad (worse) days

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

NCSportsman

Re: how about your bad (worse) days

Post by NCSportsman »

My worst days are mild next to shooting at someone...

I've had a hound get chased/ attacked by a coyote. Luckily I scared the yote away.

Dogs feet & legs getting torn up pretty bad from crusty ice covered snow.

Deer chase years ago when my dogs were young and dumb. They were 2 miles away when I found them... (Tracking collars purchased that week)...

jlboomer

Post by jlboomer »

15 to 29 yrs ago dog thves where bad around her had them come in and cut locks off my kennels off dog boxes and everything. my dogs are like my children so yea i peppered him and i hate a thive
J&M Beagles, Breeding for a true gundog and hunting partner

hlane

Post by hlane »

the NRA lists alot of stories about average people defending themselves! dont ever think that you are wrong defending yourself!
no matter what some yuppie that knows it all tells ya ! you still have some rights but not many ! bcareful
Hammer Lane Kennels

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Wednesday of this week...jumped one rabbit in about 5 hours of hunting....young dogs did average at best on that rabbit.

Dogs did not hunt well...game just did not seem to be moving.....covered a lot of ground to just jump one.

Had a couple short squirrel chases...couldn't even tree those and stay....lol.

It happens...those that say they don't have "many" bad days....well....I would question that.

BAD day afield still better than a good day at work!!!!! ;)

billpapas

Post by billpapas »

BCBeagles wrote:Wednesday of this week...jumped one rabbit in about 5 hours of hunting....young dogs did average at best on that rabbit.

Dogs did not hunt well...game just did not seem to be moving.....covered a lot of ground to just jump one.

Had a couple short squirrel chases...couldn't even tree those and stay....lol.

It happens...those that say they don't have "many" bad days....well....I would question that.

BAD day afield still better than a good day at work!!!!! ;)
I find that if there's not many rabbits out and not much scent dogs seem to have less hunt or Less intrest, just my opinion.
No game, no hunt!!

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Agreed...but we all know there are lots of studs out there and their pups that hunt like they haven't been fed in a week... :roll: . AND EVERY TIME TO THE FIELD ON TOP OF THAT!!!.sometimes mine just don't go at it as hard...I will still keep looking for a good one maybe one day I will find a couple...when the truth is to be told....I will tell it...LOL.

billpapas

Post by billpapas »

BCBeagles wrote:Agreed...but we all know there are lots of studs out there and their pups that hunt like they haven't been fed in a week... :roll: . AND EVERY TIME TO THE FIELD ON TOP OF THAT!!!.sometimes mine just don't go at it as hard...I will still keep looking for a good one maybe one day I will find a couple...when the truth is to be told....I will tell it...LOL.

For sure