how about your bad (worse) days

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

adirondackjoe

how about your bad (worse) days

Post by adirondackjoe »

we all post about the good days, how about a bad or worse day with your rabbit hounds? i've had my days. dogs ran deer or worse. coyotes. drove 7 hours to hunt upstate and it went down to 41 below that night talk about a waste of gas. i bet we all have some bad days to talk about. (except joeyman he seems to do great every time out).

hlane

Re: how about your bad (worse) days

Post by hlane »

Any thing you can think of has probably happened too me ! between coon hunting for 27yrs and beagles ive had the worst of junk
runnin to fist fights and looked down the barrel of a gun once! lol but there all good memories now ! lookin back
Hammer Lane Kennels

adirondackjoe

Post by adirondackjoe »

I've never had a gun pointed at me.

hlane

Post by hlane »

I did ! me and my buddy got back to our truck and i found out i locked my keys in it .and some drunk punks drove up on us and
had some words with my buddy and pulled a gun on us ! we had 2 young boys with us too. the guy was in his car waving a pistol
around so i took a shot at his head with a .22 cal and knocked his glasses off his face lol and my buddy pulled him out of his car
and stomped his guts outs out ! his buddys took off and i broke my window out and we took off too ! lol If ya gotta shoot -shoot
dont talk ! is what he learned ! lol
Hammer Lane Kennels

jlboomer

Post by jlboomer »

had to shoot at a guy once tryng to load my dogs up while hunting. was huntng an old stripe job dogs where on a long run when i heard a truck commng up the old road i watched hm pull over and get out and run in after my dogs i started running and yelling inhis direction sure enough he comes dragng my two males out at about 75yds out he looks up and see;s me coming i yell again a bought the time he throws one of my males in the back of his truck so i empty my mossberg 500 at hm he lets the other dog go and jumps in hs truck and takes off. i found my other dog on the way out limping i fgured he jumped out. people can be crazy
J&M Beagles, Breeding for a true gundog and hunting partner

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

I've never had a bad day..... Cause any day outdoors with my hounds is a better day indoors.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Kbasler

Post by Kbasler »

So two people have tried shooting at another person....so what happens if u would have killed them. Doesn't sound to smart

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

Postby Casey Harner » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:25 pm
I've never had a bad day..... Cause any day outdoors with my hounds is a better day indoor.

I agree. Every day is a new experience that will never be repeated. A bad day would be if I didn't bring all my dogs home.

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

hlane

Post by hlane »

Kbasler wrote:So two people have tried shooting at another person....so what happens if u would have killed them. Doesn't sound to smart
Getting drunk and threatening 2 grown men with there 6 & 7 yr old kids dosent seem to smart either ! so what do you think
would have happened if it was you ???? what if they pulled the trigger on your son???? would that be ok ???????
Hammer Lane Kennels

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

hlane wrote:so i took a shot at his head with a .22 cal and knocked his glasses off his face
Wow deadeye, I bet with that precision shooting you don't miss rabbits running by.

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

hlane

Post by hlane »

Casey Harner wrote:
hlane wrote:so i took a shot at his head with a .22 cal and knocked his glasses off his face
Wow deadeye, I bet with that precision shooting you don't miss rabbits running by.
I dont like name callin Mr Harner and to clear it up for you it was dark and i wasnt aiming for his glasses ! ok with you ???
Hammer Lane Kennels

adirondackjoe

Post by adirondackjoe »

ready ! fire ! aim! if someone pointed a gun at my son i'd shoot.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

hlane wrote:
Casey Harner wrote:
I dont like name callin Mr Harner and to clear it up for you it was dark and i wasnt aiming for his glasses ! ok with you ???
Deadeye isn't a bad name, I assumed you had heard the phrase good shooting "deadeye", guess not huh I figured you were aiming at his head sir.

What I can't see is how a bullet didn't go through his glasses, wherever you hit his glasses at and didn't strike him in the face.

Glad your kids weren't hurt, and sorry they had to witness people acting in that manner.

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

so I guess my bad day not jumping any rabbits and come back that night a pound for hours isn't so bad after all you guys win. I just wonder why I cant jump a rabbit in the day?
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

jdwiley

Post by jdwiley »

Good topic!
I had a more bad than good this year. Strike 1-Couldn't get out much. Strike 2-Had a couple hounds decide to get mouthy this year, oh, and backtracking. 4 yr old and a 6 yr old hound. Strike 3- someone beat me to it at my best spot. Ran into him while there. He was bird hunting. He told me they had killed 25 off the property. I did jump 5 that day and we bagged 2. That was my best day of 2014-15 KY season.....
Hope to have a little redemption this weekend in another state though!