buying dogs from the brankos

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jddingess

buying dogs from the brankos

Post by jddingess »

Has anyone had any luck buying a trial ready hound from them ? I see they have some running hounds for sale
Coalfield Kennels

mybeagles

Re: buying dogs from the brankos

Post by mybeagles »

Certainly depends who you talk to. There is no substitute for watching a dog run prior to purchase. Obviously they wouldn't be in business this long if they didn't have some good dogs. Your going to invest a lot of money buying from them, spend a little extra and go watch then go and end up satisfied.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

mybeagles wrote:Certainly depends who you talk to. There is no substitute for watching a dog run prior to purchase. Obviously they wouldn't be in business this long if they didn't have some good dogs. Your going to invest a lot of money buying from them, spend a little extra and go watch then go and end up satisfied.
Couldn't of said it better myself. I purchased 2 different ones at different times. 1st one was exceptional, 2nd one was not and Branko would not stand behind it so that was the last one i ever purchased from there. I still like the bloodlines but now i just do my business elsewhere. If i had the time to go there i would probably walk away with 2 or 3 but i wont take his word for it anymore. JMO
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

I bought one from branko long time ago. She was out of ombre. She was an average dog so I'm not going to complaint. I pay 2000 plus 500 shipping and I gave her away for free. The best way is to go there n watch cause I have seen field champion I would not take home for free. Once in a while there are field champion cost about the same as branko started dog. I rather get a finish title dog over a started dog but those occasion are rare.
Minnesota Beagler

walkerdogman85

Post by walkerdogman85 »

Where did you see that at? I looked in their website and didn't see any for sale.
Michael West
1-740-502-8956
http://www.simmonsrunbeagles.com/

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

I haven't bought anything directly from them but I have branko in my kennel and they are great rabbit dogs.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

Damon

Post by Damon »

I have bought several dogs through the years from branko and all were great dogs. Just as described.

jddingess

Post by jddingess »

I emailed frida
Coalfield Kennels

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

First off,not to get too technical but it's the Krpans.Not the Brankos.
Secondly,caveat emptor or "let the buyer beware".If you folks continue to buy running dogs over the phone,through the mail and off the inter-net without having ever seen them run then shame on you when you get disappointed in the results.
I like the dogs I keep.I'm sure you all like the dogs you keep.Over many years I've had numerous opportunities to hunt with a lot of other houndsmen in a lot of different areas of this country on a lot of different types of game.Many of these folks are good houndsmen/hunters yet they keep some dogs that I wouldn't have and they may prefer a much different hound than I like.It's not at all unusual for houndsmen to have widely different opinions on what they like in their hounds.
So given that fact ,you call up Branko and Freida and tell them what you're looking for and having met the Krpans before I would say they try as best they can to sell you a hound as close to what you are looking for as they can.You recieve your new hound and sure enough THERE IS something you don't like or it lacks or could be stronger,taller,shorter,more line, tighter checkwork,bigger mouth,bigger nose,more foot,etc.,etc.,etc. Does this come as a surprise? Heck,I've got hounds here that will never leave my kennel cause i like them so much and I can tell you something about each one I don't like and wish was different.
You see a hound one way and another will see it another way.Its inevitable that this will happen.In all my houndogging years there's only two people who I would take at their word and buy a dog sight unseen.And that's because they were very knowledgeable dogmen and we'd hunted together for years and they know what I like.Even then??????
So you describe your wants and the seller is going "okay,okay ,yup ,I believe you'd like him" and the buyer is going "yes,he sounds like just what I'm looking for".And even though you've not seen the dog run to your satisfaction, you buy the dog and soon realize he isn't what you wanted.Bummer!
Whose fault?The seller's because his dog did not meet your expectations or yours because you never watched him run to your satisfaction?
The comment was made that Branko didn't "stand behind" a dog he sold.I have no idea what kind of arrangement was made on the dog deal but if you are paying big money for a dog than it's up to you to have an aggreement in force.
When I sell a running dog you are welcome to come run with him as many times as you want,solo or run with yours until you are satisfied---or not.But,once you buy that dog and take him out of my yard you OWN him.
I know several that do beagle business with the Krpans and it's fact that when you go to Branko's to buy dogs he will run any and all dogs you want to see for as long as you want to see them go until you are satisfied.If you end up with one that you're not happy with then maybe you didn't know what you were looking for.No matter who you get your beagles from,ALWAYS GO WATCH THEM RUN!
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

transman63

Post by transman63 »

I am going to skip a lot of the BS I went thou. I bought a dog from them one time. I spent $2000, I will never never!!!! do it agene. Vary nice teal they got my money. The dog was not worth 200 doll. I gave it away. The wrest experience I ever had. Would ( NOT ) recommend them . I believe they use there distance to take advantage of people. JMO.
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

2000.00 for a beagle dog?

for that much money I would want to watch the dog run 5-6 times and watch it in a trial and then see if it really did do my dishes and laundry.

You can get a great beagle for 3-600 bucks that is no different that a 2000.00 dog. Most dogs that are 2000.00 that aren't famous already are overpriced imo.

I would sacrifice losing a few rabbits before dropping 2k on a dog when the market isn't at that price point.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

anybody know anything about lumbers last dance
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

haderondah

Post by haderondah »

Have a male i bought from the krpans as a pup who is out of lumbers last dance, he just turned 2 a couple days ago. Could not be happier with him. Nose, brains, close in the check. Dog started circling rabbits at 12 weeks, and has only got better.
Home of
Hazzards bawling bindy
Brankos stormy hill
Haderondah puppy tuppy
Haderondah mad jilly
Haderondah mystic blue

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Shady Grove Beagles wrote: The comment was made that Branko didn't "stand behind" a dog he sold.I have no idea what kind of arrangement was made on the dog deal but if you are paying big money for a dog than it's up to you to have an aggreement in force.
!
I also said that if i was able to get to go visit Branko i would probably leave with 2 or 3. I know there is some good hounds there. The one that turned me off ran rabbits forward up to the check and then ran it backwards to where it was jumped among many other faults it had. As i said, never again just on his word, my fault, lesson learned. I thought such a reputable breeder, houndsman would stand behind his line, his hounds, but i was wrong. Not a problem, as i said never again.

As far as buying hounds sight unseen there are many guys i have and still would buy off of without ever seeing the hound run. Dean Biscamp, Mike Crabtree, and Daniel Roebuck to name a couple, there is a difference when guys sell hounds and then guys that sell hounds to make a living. Just my opinion, you gave yours, and here's mine.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

jddingess

Post by jddingess »

Thanks for the input guys. And yes I know it's Branko not Brankos lol. I have talked to a few people that have had good experiences with them. But it seems the best way to go is to make the trip up and watch their dogs run. With me working 100 hours last week and my schedule that may be tough to do.
Coalfield Kennels