Jessamine Kentucky trial entries ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

tcshy

Re: Jessamine Kentucky trial entries ?

Post by tcshy »

Just my opinion if you put on the AKC trail you shouldn't put your dog in the trail especially if you are the chairperson or a judge. If just doesn't look right even if you do have the best dog in the cast and end up placing several dogs in the trail. Clicks yes there are several and once people figure out there are clicks they will not travel long distances just to get screwed.

Chevy10

Post by Chevy10 »

tcshy wrote:Just my opinion if you put on the AKC trail you shouldn't put your dog in the trail especially if you are the chairperson or a judge. If just doesn't look right even if you do have the best dog in the cast and end up placing several dogs in the trail. Clicks yes there are several and once people figure out there are clicks they will not travel long distances just to get screwed.
:check:

tdog

Post by tdog »

I think the real reason that the entry numbers are down is because there are fewer people who run beagles today than in the past. Just bring a good dog and let him run and you will have success at times. There are some very good judges out there and when they do a great job make sure you thank them. I enjoy nothing better than seeing a great winners pack even if my dog is not in it. I am sure the judging has not changed that much over the years but you have fewer entries because our sport is loosing ground. I do not think it is the amount of hunts or the judges but the amount of people running beagles.We need to focus on making sure kids get beagles and hunting ground is preserved. Support the kids and your local club and our sport will continue to get better. If your not part of the solution you may be part of the problem.

JCM

Post by JCM »

tcshy wrote:Just my opinion if you put on the AKC trail you shouldn't put your dog in the trail especially if you are the chairperson or a judge. If just doesn't look right even if you do have the best dog in the cast and end up placing several dogs in the trail. Clicks yes there are several and once people figure out there are clicks they will not travel long distances just to get screwed.
So the people that do all the work to make the trial possible shouldn't be allowed to participate? From my experience, every club has a few people that do most of the work. They make it so you can hold a trial. They are also the people who get a bunch of grief from the losers and soreheads. Now you want them to leave their dogs at home. Good luck with that. Why would they even bother?

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

What I hear is .....TCSHY volunteering to be the Field Trial Secretary an Jessamine so he can make it a place everyone would want to run and he will be leaving his dogs home.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

There is no shortage of people running beagles, spo ubgf has 100's of entry's per class, now I understand that's not the same format but there is no shortage of rabbit runners,

I think we all know the real problem just only select few wanna publicly acknowledge the problem Because the others don't wanna get picked up at the next trial for speaking up!!!!!!! :nod:
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Chevy10

Post by Chevy10 »

johns03272008 wrote:There is no shortage of people running beagles, spo ubgf has 100's of entry's per class, now I understand that's not the same format but there is no shortage of rabbit runners,

I think we all know the real problem just only select few wanna publicly acknowledge the problem Because the others don't wanna get picked up at the next trial for speaking up!!!!!!! :nod:
:check: :check: :check:

KanesIrish

Post by KanesIrish »

The UBGF and the Mid West run the same format.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

KanesIrish wrote:The UBGF and the Mid West run the same format.

Sorry same format different style is what I meant!! That's all you took from what I wrote?
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

KanesIrish

Post by KanesIrish »

well not really.

I just don't want to comment on the rest.

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

100's entries per class? that would be a total of 400 or more per trial
SHOW ME

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

maybe he is talking the spo championship. I don't believe that many dogs at a club trial
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

I can't find the results with the 100 entries in classes cause I can't remember the clubs and I do know 1 of them was a ubgf runoff but when was the last time the mid west had 40-60 dogs in all classes, it's not lack of beaglers I can promise you that, but was able to find several trials in the 50-60 dogs per class in UBGF, yes the ubgf has been around way longer than the Midwest but the Midwest has been dieing on dog entry's and I for one don't believe for a second it has to do with economy or to many trials There are 15-1 ubgf clubs and trials to midwest and they are still pounding in entry's!!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

WEIR CREEK BEAGLER

Post by WEIR CREEK BEAGLER »

like I said the mid west is way behind . The ugbf has trials going on every where and entries are down some but still plenty of beaglers trialing most classes are from 40 to 60 and that's every weekend anywhere you wanta go just pick up a hounds and hunting magazine and look at the trials and the results. yes they are problems like in any other format or federation but over all its fair you just have to have a good dog to win

JCM

Post by JCM »

Does it hurt Midwest entries when guys continue to run Field Champions after they finish just to win Hound of the Year?

I am just wondering if a guy continues to get beat by a dog with 10, 12, 15, or more wins if eventually he would just stay home.