Jessamine Kentucky trial entries ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

johns03272008

Re: Jessamine Kentucky trial entries ?

Post by johns03272008 »

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:John just sorta curious? Don has made more FC Than anyone i know. Did he cheat em all thru? I dont run anything anymore but also dont think its fair to slander a format.
If Don knew how to type more than 5 words on the computer I'm sure he would have commented already, unfortunately he isn't computer savoy enough with him bein a bit older than most of us to write it all out is my guess.

That being said he has finished more hounds than alot of people will even think of finishishing and i dont see him car pooling to trials with judges or staying at the judges houses the night before??? Also I'm not slandering anything as I never said anything bad about a format!!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

J&J Run Em Down

Post by J&J Run Em Down »

I don't know if the entries are do to cheating or bad judging ,to miny trials. First thing is I don't trial any more but I can tell the guys that take time and judge the dogs that I love thank you I do know how hard it is runing on foot or ridding a hourse all day judges have all my respect but I have see trials numbers go down Jessamine county being this low sould be a eye oper something wrong the mid-west did have the best dogs around that could go any place and place from can. Northern Michigan hare ass. To the Deep South trials and the mid- west still mite have the best dogs around
But all I know if we don't bread for the best rabbit dog pretty soon none of us are going to have a dog that can run a rabbit for hunting and fun runing,trials I really hope the numbers go back up at every trial. Put the best dogs on the bench and breed the best and most of all let's have fun doing it

hlane

Post by hlane »

I will throw in my 2cts worth on this ! first of all the letters FC dont mean much to me when it comes to breeding rabbit dogs
but i think trialing has improved the beagle breed and i also have witnessed bench shows improve the overall conformation
of other breeds. I also talked to a older well known trialer from up north last year and he told me he got out of it because of
what he called (buddy judging) IMO it probably happens but iam confident that if my dog was good enough to finish it would
if i choose to go trialing. i am thinking theres a bigger picture that has more positives than negatives in it then the turn out
numbers at jessamine. If these numbers are so important theres only one way to raise them! pack up and go with yer best dog!
if there is that much corruption(which i doubt) go there and put some eyes on it and expose it! me personaly if i got blatantly
screwed at a hunt i would say what i had to say on the spot not on the internet a year or so later! jmoa
Hammer Lane Kennels

BG BEAGLER

Post by BG BEAGLER »

Now little don I remember u car pooling with me and Steve Mullins and Roark to Arkansas for the Godfather....and yes u stayed with us cause we r judges but no one can say that u payed any one off cause u never even offered gas money or motel room money....but the best I remember we me and Roark got really feeling good and got our 50 dollars worth after u went to sleep....ass grass or gas nobody rides for free
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

hlane

Post by hlane »

OUCH! :baby: :moon:
Hammer Lane Kennels

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

Roark said he had the three prettiest brown eyes he has ever seen.

TrlBustinBeagle

Post by TrlBustinBeagle »

Is there buddy judging in trials? Yes. Is every judge a cheater, No. In my honest opinion the reason why I can see why people say there is a lot of leash judging going on in the Midwest Association is because a lot of the judges look like all they care about is Friday night beer league softball. If the handlers see the judges no where near the hounds for the majority of the casts what else are they going to think? When you agree to judge it is your responsibility to do your best at seeing the most you can. Yes, I do judge and I do know what it takes to run all day long behind dogs. I'm sure you wont hear hardly any complaints if the handlers are seeing that the judges are giving a true effort at seeing what is going on.
Trail Bustin Beagles
Winners Train While Losers Complain

RIP:
Nr FC Juls Trail Bustin Hollie
Fld Wnr. JJ's Magnificent Maggie
Home of:
Trail Bustins Josie Wales
Trail Bustin's Magnificent Maxie

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

BG BEAGLER wrote:Now little don I remember u car pooling with me and Steve Mullins and Roark to Arkansas for the Godfather....and yes u stayed with us cause we r judges but no one can say that u payed any one off cause u never even offered gas money or motel room money....but the best I remember we me and Roark got really feeling good and got our 50 dollars worth after u went to sleep....ass grass or gas nobody rides for free

Hey Matt why don't you get your facts straight before you go running your money maker!!! I did pay my half of the hotel and my half of gas!!!! also I never rode with you, I rode with Patterson and Mullens so I don't believe I owed you a single dime for anything other than listening to your drunk a$$ yammering all night and having hotel management having us tell you take go to your room!!! You right about no one riding for free charging what you charge to haul a dog anywhere!!!! You got something to say feel free to give me a call cause all you need is a buddy in AKC to finish a dog right??????????????
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

BG BEAGLER

Post by BG BEAGLER »

John 50 bucks don't get u to Littlerock AR and back and a motel room....little mans disease is a hard thing to overcome on top of the thug life....u have made urself look like a fool over and over again on this board and at trials....u can talk about my partying it's fine I do it....it's no secret...but I also judged 40+ little bitches that day on two hours of sleep....there I did it I pulled mine out and it's bigger....yea me....stuff happens in trialing that no one likes but u roll with the punches and just because u car pool with some one or a judge stays at someone's house doesn't mean anything....if it weren't for being able to crash at places and carpool most of the trailers I know wouldn't be able to go week after week....everyone gets frustrated but u har to remember that ur suppose to be having fun and apparently u weren't having fun so u went to another sport and that's fine....in sure that if u compete in it it'll be the same way and u will prolly quit it too....but if u ever do come back to running in the Midwest u can bunk with anyone in the "inner circle"....I told em all that u don't have a gag reflex
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

BG BEAGLER wrote:John 50 bucks don't get u to Littlerock AR and back and a motel room....little mans disease is a hard thing to overcome on top of the thug life....u have made urself look like a fool over and over again on this board and at trials....u can talk about my partying it's fine I do it....it's no secret...but I also judged 40+ little bitches that day on two hours of sleep....there I did it I pulled mine out and it's bigger....yea me....stuff happens in trialing that no one likes but u roll with the punches and just because u car pool with some one or a judge stays at someone's house doesn't mean anything....if it weren't for being able to crash at places and carpool most of the trailers I know wouldn't be able to go week after week....everyone gets frustrated but u har to remember that ur suppose to be having fun and apparently u weren't having fun so u went to another sport and that's fine....in sure that if u compete in it it'll be the same way and u will prolly quit it too....but if u ever do come back to running in the Midwest u can bunk with anyone in the "inner circle"....I told em all that u don't have a gag reflex

Lol you sure do like to crack the gay stuff don't you??? I'm beginning to wonder about you. No trialing for me in coyote dogs man!!! Little man disease huh lol what you about 2"s taller than me lol, I like how you wanna pick a fight on the internet, what you gonna do Cap locks me on here???
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

BG BEAGLER

Post by BG BEAGLER »

Losing is inevitable....losing and complaining on the Internet is childish....and Ur wrong Don Hoog wouldn't act like this on a public forum or any where else for that matter....he has class....and I'm sure he really wouldn't appreciate u speaking for him....and everyone knows I'm not gay but my boyfriend is John....Peace and chicken grease Homeboy
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

BG BEAGLER

Post by BG BEAGLER »

Losing is inevitable....losing and complaining on the Internet is childish....and Ur wrong Don Hoog wouldn't act like this on a public forum or any where else for that matter....he has class....and I'm sure he really wouldn't appreciate u speaking for him....and everyone knows I'm not gay but my boyfriend is John....Peace and chicken grease Homeboy
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

I believe the low entries is because there are more leaving than coming into the sport. Akc, ukc, nkc, and beagling as a whole are not doing enough to promote the sport. Beagling is not as it use to be about putting food on the table. It's about enjoyment, friendship, and companionship.
Minnesota Beagler

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

I think most people have figured out how well conditioned, prepared & good a dog must be to finish in the Mid-West & know they are wasting their time with most dogs or don't have the time or running grounds to get a dog ready. AKC ain't real busy printing out FC certificates to Mid-West dogs.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

duckbuster38401

Post by duckbuster38401 »

To me there is too much variation between judges, its basically up to the judges interpretation of the rules. I have been one week at one place and got picked up for running too much rabbit and the next for not running enough, 2nd time I got picked up my dog brought the rabbit up the hill with one other dog and all the others was standing there looking around. What’s sad is it took the judges 20 min to decide what dogs to pick up, My dog had no neg faults and the other dogs had neg faults barking out of place and race horsing. I had a mid-west judge with me that day. Im not saying I would have won that day but at the least from what I saw should have been brought back. The first pack down that day couldn’t even move the rabbit. Different people like different dogs and there is just no consistency with the judging. The same dog was run up north and got first not a month prior, and per a few people killed everything on the ground that day...
Jason McMeen
931-446-1467