Jessamine Kentucky trial entries ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rabbithunter5890

Re: Jessamine Kentucky trial entries ?

Post by rabbithunter5890 »

I think a big part of the problem is the travel involved. I like the Midwest, but if you have family or priorities it's impossible to compete in it. I read where some people think a club should only have one hunt a year but how many people can afford to go to mi this weekend, Arkansas next, and then wv after that. If there were a lot more local hunts people would pile in just like they do all the lp clubs. If there's 15 lp clubs in ky and they have 5 hunts each that's 75 hunts a year that have dogs show up and run with limited travel. I can think of a lot of things to do with money other than buy gas and pay for lodging. Jmo

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

My opinion is this, the beaglers you see up on the podium weekend after weekend are usually the guys who put countless hours in their dogs. Most of us can't put in those kinds of hours because of kids, work, ect ect ect. I got a question for you all, who here got started Beagling due to a rabbit hunt you went on when you were little, or who was taken by someone who had rabbit dogs and allowed you to hunt with them. That's how my love for beagles became. It was because someone took me and I got hooked. My second question, how many would still be in beagles if there wasn't any field trials available to us??? Who would still put time into getting them ready for kill season?? People who love the sport of Beagling are probably the ones you see up on that podium weekend in and out. I personally don't care if their was field trials around cause I would still own dogs, and people like that will always keep this sport alive. You see kennels come and go and people always selling out and then getting back in it a week or two, their heart isn't in it. The people who are in it for the breed and the sport for Beagling are the ones you see on the podium all the time. Everyone wants to win, heck I bet I wanted to win in tea ball, losing sucks. I get mad when I get beat on trivia crack on my phone. It's human nature to want to win, is it all about winning no not in my opinion but winning is nice.

The more people complain about judges the more people are gonna turn away from the trials... I don't judge in the Midwest trials, hopefully I can go to a seminar and take my test, maybe get called up to judge. I judge UKC performance pack and I love it. Knowing I got the right hound that cast is a great feeling to me. Getting to see different dogs of different blood lines is a great way to expand your mind and maybe your kennel. I bet a lot of field trial secretaries are looking at this post and writing down whose complaining and I bet you won't get a call. If you don't judge by the leash, that's great, good for you but don't come on a public forum that other judges can view. You say your a honest judge well that's great, but I bet other honest judges don't come on here to let people know that. Actions speak louder than words. You come on here as if you're the only good judge around and calling others cheaters. Wow!! Your either dumb or have a lot of guts. These judges that view this topic are gonna write you down and hope that you never judge with them. I always go into a trial knowing I could get beat, if I do I always shake the hand of the judge. There has been times I've question the judge, who hasn't. The judges know that they are gonna get question and possibly grilled by the owner/handlers. You gotta remember they also drove across the country to judge your dog. A hand shake and a thank you goes a long way with the judge, it does with me and I only judge an hour. Remember judges are away from their families and they deserve better than this. I am sure there are some judges out there that don't judge fairly, but they usually come and go through this sport because their hearts are not into it. The judges you see that has been going through this rough road are the ones you can count on to give you their honest opinion. If I got cheated in a trial and I knew that, I still wouldn't quit going and entering dogs or quit Beagling all together. My heart is in this Til the good Lord calls me home.

Good luck and God Bless
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Casey Harner wrote:My opinion is this, the beaglers you see up on the podium weekend after weekend are usually the guys who put countless hours in their dogs. Most of us can't put in those kinds of hours because of kids, work, ect ect ect. I got a question for you all, who here got started Beagling due to a rabbit hunt you went on when you were little, or who was taken by someone who had rabbit dogs and allowed you to hunt with them. That's how my love for beagles became. It was because someone took me and I got hooked. My second question, how many would still be in beagles if there wasn't any field trials available to us??? Who would still put time into getting them ready for kill season?? People who love the sport of Beagling are probably the ones you see up on that podium weekend in and out. I personally don't care if their was field trials around cause I would still own dogs, and people like that will always keep this sport alive. You see kennels come and go and people always selling out and then getting back in it a week or two, their heart isn't in it. The people who are in it for the breed and the sport for Beagling are the ones you see on the podium all the time. Everyone wants to win, heck I bet I wanted to win in tea ball, losing sucks. I get mad when I get beat on trivia crack on my phone. It's human nature to want to win, is it all about winning no not in my opinion but winning is nice.

The more people complain about judges the more people are gonna turn away from the trials... I don't judge in the Midwest trials, hopefully I can go to a seminar and take my test, maybe get called up to judge. I judge UKC performance pack and I love it. Knowing I got the right hound that cast is a great feeling to me. Getting to see different dogs of different blood lines is a great way to expand your mind and maybe your kennel. I bet a lot of field trial secretaries are looking at this post and writing down whose complaining and I bet you won't get a call. If you don't judge by the leash, that's great, good for you but don't come on a public forum that other judges can view. You say your a honest judge well that's great, but I bet other honest judges don't come on here to let people know that. Actions speak louder than words. You come on here as if you're the only good judge around and calling others cheaters. Wow!! Your either dumb or have a lot of guts. These judges that view this topic are gonna write you down and hope that you never judge with them. I always go into a trial knowing I could get beat, if I do I always shake the hand of the judge. There has been times I've question the judge, who hasn't. The judges know that they are gonna get question and possibly grilled by the owner/handlers. You gotta remember they also drove across the country to judge your dog. A hand shake and a thank you goes a long way with the judge, it does with me and I only judge an hour. Remember judges are away from their families and they deserve better than this. I am sure there are some judges out there that don't judge fairly, but they usually come and go through this sport because their hearts are not into it. The judges you see that has been going through this rough road are the ones you can count on to give you their honest opinion. If I got cheated in a trial and I knew that, I still wouldn't quit going and entering dogs or quit Beagling all together. My heart is in this Til the good Lord calls me home.

Good luck and God Bless

Good for you Casey!! If that's what you believe good for you!!! I'm sure there are people that don't like my forward approach "ask me if I care, to many people out there that just tuck their tail and won't speak up", if I knew I wouldn't get sued for naming names I would blast it on here for any one to see!!!! The funny thing Casey is I get phone calls from people still wanting me to judge and I get phone calls telling me they don't like what I am saying and I get even more phone calls saying Thanks for speaking out and telling it like it needs to be told!!!! Have a great day and great night. :bigsmile:
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Farm dog

Post by Farm dog »

This board needs an ignore button.
Seriously John, get a life and quit whining about leash judging and how honest you are. Nobody cares.
If a person wants to trial a dog, have fun and enjoy it. The great ones are fun to run and so is winning hound of the year.
If you guys are worried about FC's running after they make FC, can the same be said of a little pack dog running for hound of the year.
Again, John since the first time might not have sunk in. Nobody cares what you think.

Matt Glomski

Post by Matt Glomski »

Farm dog wrote:This board needs an ignore button.
Seriously John, get a life and quit whining about leash judging and how honest you are. Nobody cares.
If a person wants to trial a dog, have fun and enjoy it. The great ones are fun to run and so is winning hound of the year.
If you guys are worried about FC's running after they make FC, can the same be said of a little pack dog running for hound of the year.
Again, John since the first time might not have sunk in. Nobody cares what you think.
Ignore button?? Where is the LIKE button!!!! I like your post farm dog!!
BAOTB
WORLDPCH, GRRCH, GRPCH, LPRCH Glomskis Thunder Run J-Dell
LPRCH, FCGD Glomskis Big Time
GRPCH, HBCH Glomskis Little Skipper
LPGRRCH GLOMSKIS CRIMSON FLAME

CHAD CAMPBELL

Post by CHAD CAMPBELL »

John, It seems like you make a habit of trying to cause controversy. http://americanbeagler.huntingboards.co ... =5&t=89360

I'm not here saying for one second if there is something wrong going on that it shouldn't be called out. It should. It seems its something else at times with you. I havent trialed much the last couple years but can tell you this. Several years back I went to the Midwest and only knew a couple people. Knew no judges. Bryan put a 2nd place on a male I was running and he had never met me in his life. I went back to the midwest(different States)with a female and placed her several times and took another male back and won 2 of 3 trials entered with him. Nothing is perfect but the midwest is far from the light you are casting on it.
Last edited by CHAD CAMPBELL on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
CLEAR CREEK BEAGLES

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Farm dog wrote:This board needs an ignore button.
There must be a few people who care what I think or they wouldn't still be calling me to judge or telling me they appreciate me putting this out there Brian, but thanks for letting me know you don't care by posting your opinion of my thoughts.

CHAD CAMPBELL wrote:John, It seems like you make a habit of trying to cause controversy. http://americanbeagler.huntingboards.co ... =5&t=89360

I'm not here saying for one second if there is something wrong going on that it shouldn't be called out. It should. It seems its something else at times with you. I havent trialed much the last couple years but can tell you this. Several years back I went to the Midwest and only knew a couple people. Knew no judges. Bryan put a 2nd place on a male I was running and he had never met me in his life. I went back to the midwest(different States)with a female and placed her several times and took another male back and won 2 of 3 trials entered with him. Nothing is perfect but the midwest is far from the light you are casting on.

I love the attacking I'm getting just fuels me even more, I do stir the pot once in awhile and have been gone from this board for awhile but still followed it just to see what's going on since I do love hunting with dogs but this post caught my attention and felt I put it out there after all this is a free country with freedom of speech and a forum for talking right??? Or am I wrong there? But then again no one cares what I think or say right Brian??
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

KanesIrish

Post by KanesIrish »

On the first page of this post weren't you crying because nobody calls you because you weren't part of the "inner circle"?

Are part of the inner circle or aren't you?

And if you don't run beagles in trials anymore, what do you care?

Farm dog

Post by Farm dog »

Ever notice how some people like to hear themselves talk? Or in this case post.
Kind of like a dog that is mouthy and doesn't shut up in the check area. They get sent to the truck. In this case, you can sugar coat it or you can tell the handler the truth about his dog. Is the handler smart enough to know what his dog is doing, or is he going to get pissed, do a burn out, tell everybody how crooked the judges are?
See you at a field trial, have fun.

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

Did you guys ever think that,if you stop feeding this guy he might go away??

Chimney Rock Kennel

Post by Chimney Rock Kennel »

Home of

NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Bad Moon Rising
FCGD LPRCH Chimney Rock's KY Lucky
NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Shooting Star

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

KanesIrish wrote:On the first page of this post weren't you crying because nobody calls you because you weren't part of the "inner circle"?

Are part of the inner circle or aren't you?

And if you don't run beagles in trials anymore, what do you care?

Never did I cry or boohoo saying poor me why can't I judge, I did mention I called clubs and talked to people wanting to judge and I did not get chosen for some or alot of them. I have never been in a circle in beagles to much bs for running beagles and didn't want to be associated with cheaters, why would people want to travel and spend their hard earned money when they know who is judging and they already know who is gonna win and place??? People go to win and sometimes at trials there just isn't enough places on the bench if you get what I'm saying!! The people I'm referring to know who they are and they know they are crooked as a creek bed, they are the ones that have to keep telling themselves my dog earned that knowing they didn't really earn it or in the judges case they tell themselves I did right :eyes: !!!! I run coyote hounds now just because the race is more intense and it's fun not wanting to trial and just purely enjoying my hounds and what they do!!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

fulcount wrote:Did you guys ever think that,if you stop feeding this guy he might go away??
Just general statement as I don't know you fulcount,

That's what the cheaters want people like me who will expose them to do is go away!!! They just they hope they don't get exposed and would rather end the conversations!!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

Humbleness is a virtue, so isn't being quiet....some do neither well.

An interesting observation....The most honest people I know never have to tell me how honest they are.
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

John just sorta curious? Don has made more FC Than anyone i know. Did he cheat em all thru? I dont run anything anymore but also dont think its fair to slander a format.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.