Jessamine Kentucky trial entries ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Casey Harner

Re: Jessamine Kentucky trial entries ?

Post by Casey Harner »

I would have placed for the first time ever, if I hadn't gotten my dog's numbers screwed up. It was some tough running that day. The two judges had no clue who I was. Just bring a ready dog and your get the look from the judges that our dogs deserve. If I wasn't such a ding-a-ling, I would have placed for the first time.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Duckbuster, if you believe in your dog, keep running him. There are different judges almost every time & most of them are good, honest men that are trying to do a good job. It is very disappointing for everyone that doesn't move on & place at a trial & it takes me a day or two to shake it off & get back on the horse & I've been doing it for 20 years now. Bottom line is the cream will rise to the top eventually in the Mid-West. A dog can't luck into or unfairly gain 3 wins & 120 points. It is worth all the hard times to feel the reward of your hound proving he or she is one of the best.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

Casey Harner wrote:I would have placed for the first time ever, if I hadn't gotten my dog's numbers screwed up. It was some tough running that day. The two judges had no clue who I was. Just bring a ready dog and your get the look from the judges that our dogs deserve. If I wasn't such a ding-a-ling, I would have placed for the first time.

uhh ohh.. I think I just figured out what happened. Glomski is going to ride you like a rented donkey for that one! :D oh well like you said its still better than sitting on the couch at home!
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

duckbuster38401

Post by duckbuster38401 »

I will I just have not had the time and to be honest I would rather hunt during rabbit season, I dont really care what another pwerson thinks. I know what I have, thats really all that matters. We have a few dogs with ponits that dont like much finishing. I just been working and its hard to do it all. Just part of it. I have been to a few and thats the only time I thought my dog was looked over...it happens..
Jason McMeen
931-446-1467

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Yeah, it's a lot of hard work getting a hound ready & trying to hit a bunch of trials. If I'm lucky enough to get a dog I think is good enough to win; solid in all areas, I will try my best to finish it. Not for me, but for the dog & the history of the breed.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo