striker x shaker??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TNT Kennels

striker x shaker??

Post by TNT Kennels »

Posting for my buddy..
He bought a gyp with 4 crosses of striker in her. He wants opinions on what to breed her too.. was thinking a heavy shaker bred male?

eddywilliams

Re: striker x shaker??

Post by eddywilliams »

IFC CLYDE OF MOONHAVEN HAS A DBL SHOT
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

gun runner

Post by gun runner »

IFC Litaways Capitain Pickard !!!!
LYNCH MOB KENNEL

LITAWAY'S CAPITAIN COLT COMMANDER
AWFULBAWLIN SMOKEN RED RYDER

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Check out Canadian Field champion Threejays Jack's Fly Man owned by Mark Trudell from N.Y. and currently at stud with Chad Blair in Ky. and advertised on the General Services board.
You've got Striker,Shaker and Blue Ninja as dominate reproducing studs.Many top hounds have been produced from crosses of Striker x Ninja bitches and most know of Jack Blum's [Threejays ] success of crossing Ninja bitches to Haunted Hill Shaker.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

sparky

Post by sparky »

TNT Kennels wrote:Posting for my buddy..
He bought a gyp with 4 crosses of striker in her. He wants opinions on what to breed her too.. was thinking a heavy shaker bred male?
Heavy Shaker bred male - IFC Clyde of Moonhaven. Another hound you might consider is IFC Beavercreek's Kickaz , Kickaz has Striker,Shaker,& Ninja in his pedigree.
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Who is her sire and dam if I may ask? I would be cautious with adding more Striker on top of a female with 4 crosses already. I can tell you Monk and I had a conversation about that very subject, and based on our conversation, he wouldn't do it either. I don't own him anymore, but Clyde would be a good option as well as FC Pinnacle Hill Sport or FC Side Hill Kueka Blue. I would also strongly consider FC Dago Valley Bullet. He's one helluva dog and he would give you the Blue Ninja from the bottom with a little something different on his top side. Most heavy Striker bred dogs could use a little more punch IMO, and nothing is any punchier than IFC Cedar Beck Oliver's offspring.

This is just my opinion, and nothing more. You could breed to a heavy Striker male and get the best dogs anyone has ever seen. Noone really knows until the pups are on the ground running. I do want to make it clear that I love the way Flyman and Pickard are bred. I've actually owned a pup off of Pickard and hope to again some day. I will raise a litter or get a pup off of Flyman too. I wouldn't use my Skeeter dog(IFC Dirty Pond Legacy's Black x a Verswacker female), and he is a really nice dog with pups doing well, on a female with that much Striker. Good luck to you no matter what stud you choose.

hlane

Post by hlane »

What kind of hunt/search do these lines have when you solo them on cottontail ? do they have the hunt to jump rabbits on the
bad days???? or do they hunt better when packed up ?? not bein smart :moon: but seems like good hunt aint in some especialy
solo hunt! ranger dan dogs only thing ive seen with my kinda hunt! aint seen um all JMOA and just askin !
Hammer Lane Kennels

pcable

Post by pcable »

I have to agree with IFC Clyde of Moonhaven. I recently hunted with a pup out of Clyde and a heavy Striker bred female and she was very impressive!
As far as the hunt and jump of these lines, they have plenty of both. Definitely some of the smartest beagles I've ever seen in 35 years of beagling! Hunt, speed, brains, nose power, and temperament are just a few of the reasons that my kennel is full of this blood.
IF A DOG WON'T HUNT, IT CAN'T JUMP RABBITS!!!
Owner Co-Owner
Cables Ragin' Recoil
Cables Rockin Ruby
Cables Tuff Baba Clyde
Martin's Holly Lynn
Wireman's Little Ann

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

Kick az is Shaker x Striker on top with 2 crosses of Ninja on bottom he does'nt lack punch and comes out of a check hard but the important thing is is his offspring are exploding out of the check which is what I look for in a stud .
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/