Do Rabbits enjoy the chase?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Blueline, you have a very good sense of humor. We are going to enjoy your posts.
Give us what for whenever you can.
Where are you in NC? Anywhere close to Murphy, Andrews, or Cherokee?
Wonder who the new person is on this board named RABBIT???

warddog

Post by warddog »

Ted, I know for a fact that rabbits like to be chased. I've been around about 50 years and hunted nearly all of them and every year around March or April this same ole pesky wabbit comes around. Now this is a pretty large wabbit for a cottontail and my dogs can't run fast enough to keep up with that silly wabbit. I know he is having fun as he always leaves baskets of candy and colored eggs. How that varmit gets into the house I don't know but we have come to name him PETER COTTONTAIL. This year on April 20th my hounds and I will be waiting for him and when we see him you will know because you will hear him singing....." Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail, hippity, hoppity, I love the dogs chasing me this way.

Gus

Rabbits enjoy chase

Post by Gus »

I had my beagles out a couple of days ago and they jumped this rabbit and ran him for about an hour. He tried every trick in his bag but couldn't shake those beagles and their relenless pursuit. He would double and squat then there would be a sight chase and he would run for a while then try another trick. He finally came by me. He pretended he was enjoying it, with a forced smile on his face, but I could tell by the pained and worried look in his eye that the fun was all gone. :)
I don't think they enjoy the chase, I just think they do what mother nature programs them to do. There is a rabbit that my beagles jump often, just accross the road from my house. Every time he is jumped he heads straight to an old house near by and goes under the foundation where he is safe.

BlueLine

Post by BlueLine »

Alabama John, I am okay with it all... I even asked if you all were kidding in my first post... anyway... I reside in Raleigh, NC which is in the central portion of the state.
Ray