NH presidents day hunt

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jusgrinnin

NH presidents day hunt

Post by jusgrinnin »

I don't post usually but this hunt was great, we started out -12* with two dogs 4 hunters ended up with two rabbits (hare) dog did about 7mi on the GPS in 14" =/- of snow. To be clear these are not my dogs but a very good friend of mine and we hunt every Saturday. This year has seen some of the most brutal conditions I've ever hunted in and the dogs still produce. The kudos belong to Willy C as he runs his dogs every chance he gets year round. Sorry for the long winded post. I don't see much from up in the artic NH area.

WillyC

Re: NH presidents day hunt

Post by WillyC »

Here ya go, Jusgrinnin is doing his job (grinning) with the bunny hat

No wussies on our hare hunt this past month, coooolddd and brisk conditions to ice up the cookie dusters
Hare 2day, Stew 2morrow

WillyC

Post by WillyC »

(I don't know why but the pix doesn't show the hunter on the right)

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k57 ... yhjyyz.jpg
Hare 2day, Stew 2morrow

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

Look like some well-seasoned bunny hunters. Very neat picture.

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

Snowshoe Run

Post by Snowshoe Run »

I am glad to see others get out in these extreme conditions. What is the breeding on these hounds?

WillyC

Post by WillyC »

Snowshoe Run, not sure about breeding, I bought one hound from John Kalamaras, Salem, NH and one from Dan Reynolds Plaistow, NH

I am a total greenhorn as this is my first attempt at running bunnies but have lots of fun at it......My 7yo 15" female is the leader and my whimpy 13" male seems to go along with whatever she wants (Yes Dear) :nod:

http://youtu.be/hhEwNMzfms8
Hare 2day, Stew 2morrow

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Hey Jusgrinnin
Saw your post and that you are from Canaan, New Hampshire.What's your name? I lived in Canaan for 11 years on Rt.118 and in the Upper Valley for 21 years.Had some real honey holes for running hare in Canaan,Dorchester and Grafton.How well I remember those hunts on snowshoes,zero degree mornings and some hard running white rabbits. Most of the time I was in Canaan I was keeping coon hounds and then finally made the return back to the little hounds of my youth.
Looking at the pic of you guys reminds me of how many layers of clothes are required to hunt that country.LOL.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

jusgrinnin

Post by jusgrinnin »

Shady sent you PM.