Little pack concerns with judges

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shock Em

Little pack concerns with judges

Post by Shock Em »

Here lately I've had a few people ask me this question. Would anyone here have a problem running against a dog that had lost his family jewels due to a snake bite or say that made him faster without them and that's why he wins hunts and should be banned and stripped of his accomplishments? To my knowledge there's no rule that says You can't run him because Mother Nature took his jewels. With the exception you can't show him on the bench. I ask because it's not fair judge a dog in the field by a some tragic misfortune the dog had just because you don't like it but to be fair in scoring and credit the dog for his hard work through the years. "Please share your thoughts and comments on this matter".
Last edited by Shock Em on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your conscience is the measure of the honesty of your selfishness. Listen to it carefully.

Tuff-E-Nuff

Re: Little pack concerns with judges

Post by Tuff-E-Nuff »

Unless is can be proven that the dog was spayed or neutered because of Brucellosis then there is nothing that can be done. Heck there are a lot of females spayed for one reason or the other that are still running at the trials
Tuff-E-Nuff Beagles
Silas/Tracy Damron
FCLP Salem's Willy Nelson
GR R.CH Tuff-E-Nuff Annie
HOF Gr.RCh/GrB.Ch Tuff-E-Nuff Charm
Harrogate. TN.

Shock Em

Post by Shock Em »

Yea Tuff-E-Nuff that's how I read it in the book myself. You win one state hunt and people start calling NKC about a dog winning with no jewels who cares a dog can only run as fast as his nose lets him if that was the case there wouldn't be male ever win a hunt if a female were there last I checked they don't have them either. It's poor sportsmanship really or lack of knowledge of the book either way things like this need cleaned up us true sportsman need to stick together.
Your conscience is the measure of the honesty of your selfishness. Listen to it carefully.

salt ridge

Post by salt ridge »

I cannot believe anyone would think a dog would have an advantage because it was spayed or neutered. Of course you should not show a castrated male, but to say it made them better would be like saying a judge would be better if He was castrated! I think we already have enough trouble getting judges. LOL.

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

Sounds to me someone them selves is missing there family jewels
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

I guess it might give the hound an unfair advantage because his voice would now be much higher and easier to pick out in the pack! :lol:
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

Tuff-E-Nuff

Post by Tuff-E-Nuff »

New York Hillbilly wrote:I guess it might give the hound an unfair advantage because his voice would now be much higher and easier to pick out in the pack! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tuff-E-Nuff Beagles
Silas/Tracy Damron
FCLP Salem's Willy Nelson
GR R.CH Tuff-E-Nuff Annie
HOF Gr.RCh/GrB.Ch Tuff-E-Nuff Charm
Harrogate. TN.

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

As far as I know it is not allowed to run a spayed or nueterd dog in an AKC
trial
Why? the trials are meant to prove the best dogs and theoreticly to breed to the best dogs
to improve the breed , If a dog cant reproduce it only makes sense that they should not
be eligable to compete
John O

Shock Em

Post by Shock Em »

Well the dog has never had either done and actually has produced champions in NKC little pack recently before the accident. So to answer your question or concerns the dog is able to reproduce just needs a lil help from a vet.

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Having further given the authors original question about if someone might say a dog who got snake bit in, and then subsequently lost his "jewels" might now run faster, I would submit the answer is probably yes. If I owned said dog, you better bet just before I cast him out I would be bent down there whispering in his ears, "there's lots of snakes in these here bushes"! :shock: I just betcha any smart hound might just well put an extra step in his gait after hearing that! Thereby giving him a distinct advantage over his cast mates! :D
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

Shock Em

Post by Shock Em »

Lol but would you use this as an excuse if said dog were to win a cast/hunt for being the better dog on that day and try to protest a hunt or dog cause you lost is the real question due to him not having any jewels I think it's just poor sportsmanship at the end of the day and we got a lot more problems than this in the world/hunts.

salt ridge

Post by salt ridge »

Competition brings out the worst in some folks. The bottom line is, your not going to win every cast no matter how good of a hound you pack to a hunt! If you can't deal with that then you need to go bother someone else. lets be good sports and go have some fun. If you have to be mad do it at work, where it makes more sense.

Shock Em

Post by Shock Em »

Couldn't have said it better "salt ridge" it makes it hard on us guys that haven't been in the game very long and I'm starting to understand why some people get out. I personally go to meet new houndsmen and friends if I do win it's a bonus if not so be it maybe next time just try to keep best dogs I possably can.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

A dog should be able to go faster without the baggage holding him back.

I just recently got married and it seems like I'm much faster too.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

salt ridge

Post by salt ridge »

Hang in there "Shock Em". I've been in it 1989, and i'm sure you'll find most folks are a pleasure to be around. I have seen many hounds over the years that all I would like to change about them is they would be wearing my collar!