papers?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bowhunter59

papers?

Post by bowhunter59 »

i have 2 dogs i have got both tri colored they have no papers on them theytr females dang good dogs can a man get some kind of papers on them if so where?
god is so good!

Bsbowhunter

Papers

Post by Bsbowhunter »

I don't think you are going to have any luck through the AKC, but I'm no expert on this subject. I do believe that some of the other registries can grant "limitted papers" if you provide them with a three generation pedigree and go through a inspection. My suggestion is to check out their sites and post the same question there. I'd start with UKC and maybee the NKC, PKC and/or ARHA. Hopefully some of the more experienced members can assist you.

tnbeagleman

Post by tnbeagleman »

With NKC/ARHA you can take it to a hunt and get it inspected by a breed inspecter and reg. it I think UKC is open reg . but The only way it can be reg. with AKC is if both parents are AKC and the breeder would need to reg' it I think. Not sure on PKC!

bowhunter59

thx

Post by bowhunter59 »

thx will give it a go
god is so good!

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

You can't get "papers" from the AKC, but you can get an "indefinite priviledge listing" number if photos of the dog convince the AKC that your dog is probably purebred. Many AKC competition events are open to dogs with ILP numbers, but I don't know about the field trials.