Late season rabbit hunt (in the cold)

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Househounds

Late season rabbit hunt (in the cold)

Post by Househounds »

Me and my son shot these rabbits this past week in Mid MI. Lows at night were -10, daytime highs were upper teens to 20 degrees. We did not even go out until late morning so we hunted in about 10-15 degrees most of the time. After about 3 pm you could feel the temp dropping by the minute. Pup managed to circle some rabbits and had a few good runs. By the 3rd day the cold was really wearing on me. Fun trip but feels good to be inside cooking rabbit stew today. :D

BTW for those who know Ben and think he isn't looking himself in this pic, he was not feeling well this day :puke: :loser: and got sick shortly after this pic was taken. He is complete recovered today. :D

thanks for looking
[img]http://media5000.dropshots.com/pho ... .jpg[/img]
2016-7th Annual MLK Day Rabbit Hunting Extravaganza

eddywilliams

Re: Late season rabbit hunt (in the cold)

Post by eddywilliams »

nice
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

Nice hunt Steve. It looks like Rocket is doing great! I'm still trying to find time to pick up my pup. been working a lot in the eastern part of Ohio and only getting back to Michigan for maybe a day and then right back.
I'm at the U.of M. right now, Brittani is having another heart procedure and hopefully this will be her last :hammer:.

Chuck

Rabbit/Hareman123

Post by Rabbit/Hareman123 »

nice going and good hunting that's a good mess of rabbits for hunting in 18-20 degree weather,i also thought that your son looked a little under the weather but im glad that he had a great recovery,he is a very nice kid,THUMBS UP.

Househounds

Post by Househounds »

Thanks guys,
The weather was cold but clear so fortunately some rabbits were out during the middle of day. I think they were trying to warm up in the sun.

Chuck, let me know next time you are coming down this way, your welcome to stop by and stay over if you need to. Hope everything went well. Talk to you soon.

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

Thanks Steve, The cardiologist is pretty confident that Brittani's issues have been resolved so hopefully we will only be coming down for follow up appointments and pacemaker adjustments.