Showtime female cross

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

pross

Showtime female cross

Post by pross »

Just wanted to get some opinions on what I should cross my Showtime female with. She is directly out of Showtime and my old Branko female which was out of FC Bingo's Mr. Postman (IFC Branko's Lumberjack x FC Branko's Quick Study) and Drive On Chase's Shady Side (FC Branko's Baba Hot Spot x Drive On Trimmer's Chase). I think she may be coming in heat now. Just looking for some opinions and why? Thanks in advance for your help.

Ole Mule

Re: Showtime female cross

Post by Ole Mule »

Are you referring to FC Main Events Showtime when you say my Showtime female? Ifso I would go with Frenchmans Zacary's Last he would be a good match in my opinion. http://www.americanbeagler.huntingboard ... 27&t=70242 also I do not believe he is located to far from you.

The why:The pedigree is a great match to the show time breeding and you can't go wrong if it has The Elms Jiggs Maggie Mate in the pedigree.
Stlnifr the Silent Hunter.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

pross

Post by pross »

Yes, Main Event's Showtime and thanks for the info.

Ole Mule

Post by Ole Mule »

This is some good old time blood probably some of the best. He would be getting up in age 12 or so. Hate to see these good dogs grow to old to breed. He may be the last Grandson to THE ELMS JIGS MAGGIES MATE that's still able to breed. Let us know what you chose to breed to. Just curious what you chose.

I have a male that has a triple dose of FC ELKS CREEK BLUE BABE top and bottom Blue Babe goes back to THE ELMS JIGS MAGGIES MATE I call him Weasaw and money can't buy him.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Before I go too far,cut me some slack if I'm mistaken as I may be confusing hounds.......Try checking with Jonah Staten in Ohio about Showtime.I believe Jonah had him at his kennel for a period of time and he now has two Showtime females there.I know he was very impressed with the hound.
As far as Jiggs breeding there probably aren't many who know more about Jiggs and his decendants than Jonah.He had the opportunity to go up to Ray Morrell's in Canada and hunt with Jiggs so we're not talking " I heard this or was told that" stories.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

cjgrabhunter

Post by cjgrabhunter »

If you want to go to a real Jig's bred male you better go to Staten's Blue Samari way more Jig's blood there and linebred like no other give Jonah Staten a call he will tell you all about him hey go watch him run and see for yourself and he is definitely a proven producer guaranteed

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Staten's Blue Samurai is a Reggie son out of a srong linebred Jiggs female.He is most definetly a for real rabbit dog.Seen him with my own eyes.And a reproducer! I have a 1 1/2 year old female out of him that is special.
Jonah has bred him to his Showtime females before so you could ask him what those dogs turned out like.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Abshires junie would cross excellent if they would bred him, Junie crossed well on this line. He is in mizzu
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Colonel Cobalt; more Prime Time & HUNT...
Lot of nice hounds these days to choose from!
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

hlane

Post by hlane »

Iam a big fan of linebreeding but chasin ghosts can become a losers game at some point. i would take good look at the parents
and grandparents and forget the rest! Cobalt sounds good to me especially with that kind of hunt! i will book a male !
Hammer Lane Kennels

Stevo

Post by Stevo »

I bred my showtime x linemasters hot pepper female to reggie and got some nice pups. I have a female I really like and Darrell Willis has a littermate to her that is very nice. If my female was still alive I would breed her to reggie again.

tdog

Post by tdog »

Thanks for the reference Ole Mule,
My Zac pup just placed 4th at White water yesterday. He has been throwing great hunt, nose and speed in his pups. He is close to 12 years old so don't miss a chance to breed to him.. I would say you will like what you get.. He is producing some very nice rabbit dogs.. give me a call if you want 740-360-9317

pross

Post by pross »

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and opinions. I just got her brucellosis test done today so gonna have to make up my mind now!

Ole Mule

Post by Ole Mule »

You welcome Tdog, I do not know you but I think you got a pretty good dog there; I hate to see the good ones grow old. I hope pross gives you a call and breeds to Zac I would like to see that Jiggs blood stay around as long as it can. I am too far from you to use Zac, but I got a good male here in my Rock Hollow Weasaw and have the option to breed to his sire LPRCH Double A Road Rage. Rage is a son of Greenwells Reggie and Talkabout Blue Iris. My two females have 5 World Champions in there 4th & 5th generation pedigree and Weasaw has 6 World Champions in his 3rd 4th and 5th generation pedigree. I am well satisfied with my 3 beagles, every dog in there pedigree is the real deal = rabbit dog deluxe. But sure do like to see that old blood preserved when an opportunity arises.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw