Predator kills dog inside running enclosure

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sbadger

Re: Predator kills dog inside running enclosure

Post by sbadger »

We have a lot of bald eagles here in Cayuga ,even in the middle of town see them all the time ,I have seen one pick up a small dead deer and take it up in the air about 50 feet and drop it,I would say camera would work,maybe more than 1
Kettle Creek Kennel in Memory of Paige Nicole Badger 11/27/93 to 11/7/10

beaglestotrack

Post by beaglestotrack »

ok maybe I worded that wrong! Wolf's destroy what they kill ripping it apart and then moving on

pilotknob

Post by pilotknob »

There is a nesting pair of Bald Eagles that moved into this area several years ago.Them suckers are BIG !!!! a neighbor had a huge Bard Rock rooster get snatched by one of them last year he said it swooped down grabbed it by the neck and flew off with the rooster hanging from one foot never slowed down.A beagle would be no trouble for one of these.

bear128

Post by bear128 »

from what I've read and seen an eagle would of ate on it they wont just kill to kill . i let a deer sit a little while last year when i found it an eagle flew off it and had ate the entire front shoulder in a short period they like fresh meat not rotten so I don't think it would of left it for later and it would of been sitting in a near by tree if you had ran it off . jmo

aaron westedt

Post by aaron westedt »

Was corpse still warm? If yes, I'd say Eagle without doubt. Look at the puncture s. Yes, coyote and fox will cross a 5 foot fence, I've seen it first hand. Saw it twice at Green Bay kennels grounds a fox hit top of fence and went over. We had coyote in our club grounds with 5 foot fence with a hot wire.
FC Green Bay Dickey Doo
FCGD Green Bay Moxy Foxy