DO YOU THINK SHE IS BREED??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TVE1998

DO YOU THINK SHE IS BREED??

Post by TVE1998 »

MY YEAR OLD PUP WAS POSSIBLY BREED YESTERDAY. MY OLDER MALE BROKE THROUGH A 10" x 6" CHAIN LINK PANEL TO GET TO HER. SHE WASN'T REALLY SWOLLEN PRIOR TO THIS, BUT SHE LOOKED A LITTLE BLOODY WHEN I FOUND THEM. I HAVE NO IDEA IF HE ACTUALLY LOCKED UP WITH HER, HAPPENED WHILE I WAS AT WORK. WHAT'S THE CHANCES SHE'S BREED AND SHOULD I BE CONCERNED WITH HER AGE?? MY MALE IS A 15" WITH A BIG FRAME, SHE'S PROBABLY AROUND 14" BUT STILL SLENDER.
THANKS FOR ANY THOUGHTS

chris1971

Re: DO YOU THINK SHE IS BREED??

Post by chris1971 »

If i was a betting man id say she is. Males know when a female will stand and if he worked that hard to get to her she was probably ready.

gunslinger

Post by gunslinger »

Ishe was bloody she aint bred, even if they hang up the blood will kill the sperm

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

if its her second heat cycle i wouldnt worry much about it. i have seen many females bred on their second heat with no complications. its the ones who get it at six months old on their first heat cycle that usually have problems. if it were my dogs id probably be expecting to have pups.
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

TVE1998

Post by TVE1998 »

I NEVER NOTICED HER FIRST HEAT CYCLE IF THERE WAS ONE. ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO I NOTICED SHE WAS SWOLLEN BUT SHE'S NOT AS SWOLLEN NOW AS SHE WAS.

THANKS FOR THE INFO.