Just courious IFC x IFC

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

wes smith

Just courious IFC x IFC

Post by wes smith »

What happend to those $700 dollar Reggie x destiny pups?? Have any of them won any hunts??

BG BEAGLER

Re: Just courious IFC x IFC

Post by BG BEAGLER »

All of them went to Canada....they gonna finish them up there first....I've got a bunch for sale though that if take half price for
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

gunslinger

Post by gunslinger »

I got a grandson of destiny that you cant buy without messing up your marriage :moon:

aaron westedt

Post by aaron westedt »

Why are you asking Wes Smith? Seems a bit facetious to me.
FC Green Bay Dickey Doo
FCGD Green Bay Moxy Foxy

wes smith

Post by wes smith »

just courious if paying a lot got u a better pup !!! Aaron

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Might not get you a "better pup" but it might get you what you want.If you were an individual breeder,hunter,trialer,etc.and wanted a particular cross than it's up to you and the seller as to what you both agree on.Go try and buy a top pointer,setter, bird dog pup,top competition Lab pup or a well bred top prospect from a winning show dog line and even a coonhound pup from World Champions.You'll pay a premium price if you can even get your name on the list.
No matter what you think of Reggie and Destiney the fact that they have accomplished what few even come close to in competition and the fact that they both come from families of performers AND reproducers would make their pups very desireable to some out there.
Will their pups all become World Champions or hell on wheels competition hounds?Who Knows.Contrary to what some on this board may believe many beaglers have no interest at all in field trialing and are simply looking for outstanding and well bred gun dogs.Bottom line is they were worth the selling price to those who paid it!
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

bunnybuster24

Post by bunnybuster24 »

I own Destiny now and have for almost a year. The Reggie cross with her was made twice and I have yet to hear of a pup that was above average at best. It goes to show just because things look good on paper doesn't mean it will work. Some females will cross well with some males, and some females wont cross well with some males. Whether pups are $1,000,000 or $10 it doesn't increase the odds nor does a dog being an IFC. IFC speaks to the dogs PERSONAL ability not its offspring. Am I saying Reggie wont produce? Absolutley Not! He has produced on all kinds of females. I am also not saying Destiny hasn't reproduced as she has proven her reproducing ability as well on crosses with other males. The Reggie and Destiny cross just didn't work!!!!
IFC Tysons Picking Banjo (RIP)
IFC Beavercreeks Manifest Destiny
IFC Blackies T Cricket
GRHBCH XDawg Lucky
FCLP Red Pines Sara Palin
LPRCH HBCH Crankin Katie
HBCH Loose Change WV Road Rage

2TONE

Post by 2TONE »

I own a male called Sam out of the first litter that is a really nice hound. Solid skills all around just not blazing front end speed more like a 71/2 on foot. Sam can make the hard turns on the run, has a good mouth, strong nose (handles snow well), great hunt and jump ability (will hit the thick stuff) and runs on the line with intent to catch. Solid gun dog who retrieves and handles easily in the field and kennel; the kind of hound any hunter would love to have, as he accounts for his game. Way above average in that respect! I didn't raise him, the guys that did gave him lots of ground time and put a lot of hard work into him and made him the dog he is today. I was lucky enough to get him at a young age and will let him live his life out here with me. At some point I'll see how he produces......
2tone hounds, straining at the leash.

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

2tone, sounds like your Sam dog is a very well put together hound. That's the main thing we want in all are hounds wether they be smokem fast our peanut rollers. It's all in the taste of the owner cause their the ones feeding them. Brings me around to the question at hand. (ME), on a personal note will never pay that much money for a pup to run a rabbit. Like it was stated before, things can look great on paper, and we can diagnose a ped to death, and think it will be the perfect pups with all the abilities we look for. Then in the end results, MOST of the time we end up with our average hound. Now I'm not saying it's not smart to try these things, because it shows we are trying to better what we have, but you CANNOT control genetic make up. You may attempt with two hounds that have great abilities and pups end up mediocre, next litter you try same female and littermate brother and end up with more of what you expected. WHY? Genetic make up! It's out of our control. The 2 hounds mentioned may have produced ok dogs, but their offsprings may produce a super dog! That's one of the lil passions that keeps us beagles attempting to have.

To me the high price of top notch hounds is a business move. Why not try sale them at a higher price. If a man chooses to pay that for them that's there decision. It's what they are wanting. Kinda like when for example:a guy has used a Remington shotgun for years. Payed $400 for it brand new, then Remington comes out with this newer version of same guyn,but they put price of $1000 on it. Even though it will prob not do more than what he's got, people will buy them like hot cakes. Why? It's the hype of the product. Another example: a man breeds to Cadillacs together and sales them for..... $1000. Then same guy breeds his male Cadillac to a chevette. Sales them for reg price of..... $150-200. People will be in hurry to buy the $1000 ones before there gone! Why! Look at history behind Cadillacs. Look at history behind Chevettes! Just saying.

Always on a breeding, we should try to better the beagle. No matter what style of hound it is. Going by a ped is about the only way to physically see what might come out in them pups. If we could see genetic mesh up and know exactly what we were getting, that would take the anticipation and thrill out of our litters. And the price of pups would sky rocket.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

wes smith

Post by wes smith »

I've had a lot of the top blood lines and I've still not had any rabbit dogs as good as some of the grade dogs I use to have !!
Just saying!

gunslinger

Post by gunslinger »

wes smith wrote:I've had a lot of the top blood lines and I've still not had any rabbit dogs as good as some of the grade dogs I use to have !!
Just saying!
:loser:

scrubkennels

Post by scrubkennels »

I don't understand everyone, says run what you like, but the first time someone says something about grade dogs they get negative responses. I seen one post where the guy said I had deer issues untill I got registered dogs. Ive had outstanding grade dogs and still have one. Papers dont make a rabbit dog, some dogs are outstanding, some are average, some are culls. No matter how hard you try, you can't get outstanding hounds in every litter. Most spend years and only get one or two. I know breeding and bloodlines inprove the odds. If you find what you like in a dog or pup, grade, registered or half breed run em. The dog only has to please the person feeding it.

wes smith

Post by wes smith »

He's not a loser like me he has a grandson off destiny!!!! :lol:

wes smith

Post by wes smith »

He's not a loser like me he has a grandson off destiny!!!! :lol:

gunslinger

Post by gunslinger »

scrubkennels wrote:I don't understand everyone, says run what you like, but the first time someone says something about grade dogs they get negative responses. I seen one post where the guy said I had deer issues untill I got registered dogs. Ive had outstanding grade dogs and still have one. Papers dont make a rabbit dog, some dogs are outstanding, some are average, some are culls. No matter how hard you try, you can't get outstanding hounds in every litter. Most spend years and only get one or two. I know breeding and bloodlines inprove the odds. If you find what you like in a dog or pup, grade, registered or half breed run em. The dog only has to please the person feeding it.

Give me a break The guy is running down registered dogs in a round about way and your gonna just call my comments negative, I's obvious Mr Smith started this whole thing just to stir the pot dont get caught up in his little drama pout. I've had some real good grade dogs too, but I aint gonna sit here and look like an idiot and say reg. dogs aint no good compared to grade, bring your grade dogs and come run with my reg. ones.