Doubled up Trails

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

J&J Run Em Down

Re: Doubled up Trails

Post by J&J Run Em Down »

Greg I can tell you a little bit about Shaw's trail blazer skunk. he was only bred 4 times. John LaSalla bred a blue ninja bitch to him. I really don't know how they turned out but I do know Bill Shafer got one after she was older and bred her to Kuhns kirby (kirby was a littler mate to Fc Rj tall tales who in my opinion was a better dog then her). She was an awesome female but Kirby had the nose and brains behind it. Kirby's owner never trials him much but I think he could have finished with ease. Back to the skunk & bule ninja bitch, there was one Fc out of that cross (Fc Rjs lacy half brother & sister cross on skunk). I bred to him with a Joe Scott female. She was old and only had 2 male pups. Both were going to be great dogs but I lost them. They were hit by a car and I darn near cried. Clet bred Shaw's oakwood Cherokee a 2 time Fw. He should have finished her but at the trial at Huron valley she made it to the winners pack, they got down to 6 females and told the handlers to handle the dogs. It was around 95 degrees that day. We walked them down to the lake to give them a drink and cleat asked the judge how close they were to being done. They told him they needed a few more rabbits so Cleat pulled her out of the trial. They called it at that point. After the results were called off, both judges told cleat she was their 1st place dog but cleat did not care he was not going to give her a heat stroke. All of Skunk and Cherokee's pups went to rabbit hunters but they were pure rabbit dogs. Then skunk died by eating a plastic feed bowl. I think he died around 5 years old. Way too young for a dog that was as good as he was. Too bad there was no frozen semen from him. And we all know about the Nehi durchess Cross with Skunk which produced FC RJ's Tall Tales ,FC Minoco's Cracklin Cali, and Kuhn's Kirby. As far as the rest of those pups, God only knows where they ended up.

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Thanks. Now I remember that Skunk died really young; tragic. He was a power house. I've never seen a more muscular hound. Some trials will always stick in my memory. The Westland trial that Skunk won is one of them. 20 years ago this year I think. I hadn't been judging very long. I remember 14" NLPC FC Branko's Jackpot giving everything he had trying to foot with big Skunk, but came up short & placed 3rd I think. It wasn't just speed that won the trial, Skunk came up with some great checks where the rabbit doubled or ran down a worn path. He had it all; power, brains, nose & desire. I earned my pay at that trial; judging in that swampy pen with Dave Cluckey. Now there's a character.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

Lone Pine Beagles

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

There is an ARHA Gr Ch running in Michigan named Mojo.
He's out of Trails and a double Larsen female.
Very nice hound!

huntinmup2

Post by huntinmup2 »

Trails as had about 36 breeding on him, And there were several of them dogs that went to Canada, and there is several grand pups at are field champions in akc and several lp champions and pkc champions and a world champion and ukc champions out there... theres a young female and male that will be field champions in akc in the near future... and I have a bunch in my kennel... that are outstanding young dogs... Trails is getting old and he will die in my kennel......
NLPC IFC RILEYS ROLLING TRAILS 4 MILE KENNELS 4MK

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

I have a grand pup that I would like to breed back to him. she has all the tools
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON