Bee Pollen working good

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sbadger

Bee Pollen working good

Post by sbadger »

Kettle Creek Rangers sperm count kinda understand it never had to do it before can some one tell me what it means
Attachments
100_2000.JPG
100_2000.JPG (209.46 KiB) Viewed 1687 times
Kettle Creek Kennel in Memory of Paige Nicole Badger 11/27/93 to 11/7/10

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: Bee Pollen working good

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I don't know what your lab report indicates.But I do know that when a vet takes a sperm sample from a dog they are looking for two things.One,is the amount of live viable sperm and the other is the mobility of those sperm.Mobility has to do with their activity or in other words their ability to swim up-stream so to speak.
I have seen sperm samples under the microscope before from a young healthy stud and there are literally millions of them and they are darting all over the slide at a frantic rate.Sample from an older stud showed considerably fewer and they were moving MUCH slower and some not showing any movement at all.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

sbadger

Post by sbadger »

When the vet took the sample he said under the microscope that there were a lot of swimers and they were very active,them he sent it of to the Lab to get a count and this is what I have here
Kettle Creek Kennel in Memory of Paige Nicole Badger 11/27/93 to 11/7/10

Ole Mule

Post by Ole Mule »

Normal ranges in dogs are 1 to 6 ML and Sperm in ML normal range 100-500 million this I know as fact. Your report looks to me as it is saying: You got 1.0 ml in volume that I would say is OK and you got 19,900,000 that’s 19 million 900 thousand in count so that is way under the normal. But I would say he is capable of breeding. Also I think AKC would ask for a copy of his Lab report if you breed him and have a successful litter since he is 12 years old. If your dog gets a poor semen evaluation, you don't have to despair many factors, including environmental temperatures and medications, can cause a poor semen evaluation. Correct any influencing factors and recheck the semen in about 60 days if you want to verify the count in the first report. There is still enough sperm there to get a female pregnant but a higher count would be better but still I believe he is good to go.
Stlnifr the Silent Hunter.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw