little pack world hunt

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

weedeater kennel

Re: little pack world hunt

Post by weedeater kennel »

guys instead bashing you should be thankful these guys run beagles we all need to pull together AKC ARHA UKC AND PKC WE GOT ENOUUGH PEOPLE FIGHTING US RUNNIN OUR DOGS WITHOUT BASHING A FORMAT I FOR ONE ARE FOR ALL FORMATS MAY GOD BLESS ALL

JCM

Post by JCM »

I was out every round either as a handler or spectator for the entire World Hunt and had a blast. I saw guys giving their all as judges in every cast, running their guts out trying to be fair to the hounds and handlers. I saw great sportsmanship with handlers thanking judges and congratulating winners. I saw dogs I really liked and dogs I really didn't like, but everybody brought their best and hoped to win. It was a great time. Congrats to all that won and placed.

Lilly123

Post by Lilly123 »

I know for sure I had a great time we took 9 never got a dog thru but it was awesome cant wait till next year

jddingess

Post by jddingess »

I had a blast..... absolutely nothing like the world hunt
Coalfield Kennels

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

JCM; Me too. I watched by buddies open, ran my open, ran my champ, watched his champ and another cast of opens and a cast of grands. When my champ opened, one of the guys who judged--not that cast--said the judge should have stayed with my dog for the full three minutes. I think the judges thought all the dogs were in the chase, even though my dog was behind on the track. She caught up once she found and established a line. I learned a lot about judging. I have my card, but am too old to keep up all the time. I can offer another set of eyes to help the younger judges keep track of all the dogs. Scored a jump-strike on a dog that I saw but the other judge didn't. I really enjoyed seeing all the dogs in the campground. I only saw one rabbit. Did I mention the cover is thick?

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

art

Post by art »

Like em fast run your dog's not your mouth just sayin

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Art, at least mine can keep it going, just sayin
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

hurryup

Post by hurryup »

I saw a lot of good dogs. Ones that could compete in any format or registry and win. Perhaps the misunderstanding is coming from how the checks are scored? Either way lets not bash a person having fun ad running his dog.
Visit Our Website

Hurry Up Beagles.Com

MikeSmithWV

Post by MikeSmithWV »

Glad to see you guys had a good time! I havent been to the World since 2010 and I miss it each year.. Back a few weeks ago we had a warm rainy night and I looked at my wife and said, "sure would be a good night to be getting ready for the World Hunt." haha I hope to make it back one of these years..
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

jeremy rice

Post by jeremy rice »

For starters I would like to say I am glad everybody had a good time at the world. I and all the members of Erie Canal sure worked our butts off trying to make it a success. As far as the dogs running style that don't have a darn thing to do with it. Some of the best friendships and some of the best memories have come from Indiana and the world hunt. Like em fast sure you got good dogs maybe even great ones but here to tell you Arts dogs have no problem keeping the rabbit going. Judged them year after year and no problem with running a rabbit. Just maybe your misconception is a little off on the style of dogs most of us run. I love seeing good dogs run and have judged in multiple formats you have a open invite to come down and run with me any time you want. Believe I got a couple here that might surprise you. oh and to everybody that was there for the week thank you for making it a great hunt. I really enjoyed the week and had a great time with all of you
RICE'S BEAGLES
Jeremy, Amy
Zack,Ashlee Rice

good-dog

Post by good-dog »

Crazy Canucks, made the trip again this year,(( 12 hours )) and we were not disapointed, at all again this year,, it was" A "great time .... ;)
Got to see some Great cast's, with some Great dog's run..... loved every moment of it,, great friendly people :check: :nod:
I will post some pic's, of this year's trip on facebook :check:
I've not mastered how to post pic;s on here...... :roll:
(( JUST )) click on the link below,to " C " my little Northway Gang (( BuzzSaw Power.)) Thanks Lynn P. - Chad B.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/ ... G00121.jpg ( Felicio )

Crow

Post by Crow »

Houndsfootball wrote:Those checks could have been 15 second losses wasnt there just saying. Im sure its nice to have dogs like yours that run the front all day on whatever is dropped down with them and never break down for more than 15 seconds. The guy posts about having a good time at the world hunt and you gotta start bashing little pack. I dont agree with all his posts on here but when did it become wrong to share a moment in the field on here. Isnt that what its all about us enjoying our style of hound and sharing that experience with our friends. I judged an open cast yesterday winner had 9 checks and second place had 8 checks the dogs ran 57 minutes i would have fed either one 1st or 2nd both were nice dogs. None of the formats are perfect run what you want to run and let everybody else enjoy their hounds.
Please re-read my original post. I did not claim to own dogs capable of running the front with anything that is dropped with them. Also didn't claim they never broke down for 15 seconds. Never bashed LP, just said I decided it wasn't a direction I wanted to go so I didnt. I didn't claim any of the dogs were bad hound, I merely stated that 50 minutes divided by 19 checks is approximately 1 check every 2 & 1/2 minutes. I personally would not be happy with that. How do I know? Because I have had & occasionally still have those hunts & I wasn't happy with that & I'm still not when it happens. I certainly didn't claim any format was superior to another, they all have good & bad qualities. Lastly I certainly never said anyone shouldn't go to the world hunt. To the contrary I stated everyone should go at least once. I have been & had a great time, met some great folks & got some good deals. Maybe some folks are just a little tender hearted to read an opinion that differs from their own :roll:

Houndsfootball

Post by Houndsfootball »

My response was more geared to like em fast. I guess i should have quoted the post. And im not sensitive you have to have rhino skin to hang out with my friends.
Broc Johnson

Crow

Post by Crow »

Houndsfootball wrote:My response was more geared to like em fast. I guess i should have quoted the post. And im not sensitive you have to have rhino skin to hang out with my friends.
10-4 sorry for any confusion.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

likeemfast wrote:
rabbitatfarm wrote: The winning Grand in one cast this morning had 7 checks, 2nd and 3rd had 5 checks, and 4th and 5th had one check. They ran that rabbit for about 50 minutes.
Larry
Am i reading this correctly that in a 50min race there were 19 checks? If so they should of been shot. not given trophy.
Not at any point in that statement i made did i criticize Rabbitats hound, (Houndsfootball, my reading comprehension is pretty good, .... yours, well, you know) nor did i criticize little pack, or the world hunt. My comment was made solely on the cast of Grands that had 19 checks in ABOUT 50 minutes. Now i dont trial, but doesn't the word "Grand" .....mean something special in the prefix of a hounds name? Maybe in Little pack it just means "isnt it Grand they at least kept it going as long as they did". If so, and thats your definition of success then congratulations.
jeremy rice wrote:For starters I would like to say I am glad everybody had a good time at the world. I and all the members of Erie Canal sure worked our butts off trying to make it a success. As far as the dogs running style that don't have a darn thing to do with it. Some of the best friendships and some of the best memories have come from Indiana and the world hunt. Like em fast sure you got good dogs maybe even great ones but here to tell you Arts dogs have no problem keeping the rabbit going. Judged them year after year and no problem with running a rabbit. Just maybe your misconception is a little off on the style of dogs most of us run. I love seeing good dogs run and have judged in multiple formats you have a open invite to come down and run with me any time you want. Believe I got a couple here that might surprise you. oh and to everybody that was there for the week thank you for making it a great hunt. I really enjoyed the week and had a great time with all of you
Jeremy, I'm well aware of who Art is, and his hound preference, i didn't realize he was so sensitive tho (i hope one of those 5 Grand check causing hounds wasn't one of his) that might explain it, i dunno. He has his corner of PA and i have mine, and with our different interests i doubt our paths will ever cross, but ya never know. I am also well aware of the camaraderie and the friendships that can be built going to these hunts, I was at the ARHA PP hunt in Indiana last year so i am a bit familiar with the area and the terrain. It was a good time, so i understand the fun to be had at the hunts which has to be the only reason some guys enter some of the hounds they do. Just gotta have a hound in the race so to say. I still say 19 checks in "ABOUT" 50 minutes is pathetic, i dont care what style of hound your running. If thats progress in bettering the beagle breed then i will stay old school.

Lastly, a couple other guys commented kinda negatively on this post, one even saying that's Little Pack for ya, but everyone is concerned with my opinion and responses. I didn't know MY 2 cents mattered so much, you guys flatter me. ;)
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)