little pack world hunt

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bartman357

little pack world hunt

Post by bartman357 »

I don't know much about trialing, but curious about why no one is talking about the little pack world hunt, which is being held in Boonsville Ind.this week?
Bartman357
Www.bartsbunnies.com
Ava, Illinois

ray s

Re: little pack world hunt

Post by ray s »

bartman357 wrote:I don't know much about trialing, but curious about why no one is talking about the little pack world hunt, which is being held in Boonsville Ind.this week?
Did you notice, they didn't even advertise the World Hunt on this forum??
The only thing I saw mentioned was a youth bench show.

Kenny VanHoose

Post by Kenny VanHoose »

You should go, I'ts a lot of fun. Wish I'd been able to go this year.
Wildcat Kennel
Wildcat Cosmo
Wildcat Newman
Grand R. Ch. Wildwood Eli
Grand R. Ch. B. CH Wildcat Joker
Grand R. CH. Gr. Bench Ch. Wildcat Earl

weedeater kennel

Post by weedeater kennel »

Kenny most off these guys are putting on facebook sure wish I was there they are runnin ch now

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Mapel Valley Big Money Rolls thru. Abby Junie cross . ANOTHER pipe hitter from the valley.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

Just got home. We had great running and some not so great. My dog tied for first in his cast but they gave it to the other dog. We both had a check and a minus. One cast only had a -10 for score. The champ cast I watched had scores of 125, 120, 115 and 75. The winning Grand in one cast this morning had 7 checks, 2nd and 3rd had 5 checks, and 4th and 5th had one check. They ran that rabbit for about 50 minutes. The best time to pleasure run is a few days before the hunt starts. They don't want to goof up the spots before the casts go out once the hunt begins.

My female champ "happy barked" as soon as I slipped her lead at the cast. Perfect! Twenty seconds later the rest of the cast blew out of the area. Saved by luck. One dog looked like an English pointer the way it covered ground. That dog won the cast. It was the first World hunt for my dogs and I. Saw a lot of nice dog trailer designs. Tuesday afternoon we had either a tornado or straight-line wind come through. We had a pop-up camper that flipped over a couple of minutes after we left for the truck. Truck rocked and a friend's 35-foot trailer got blown off the blocks and pushed about six inches sideways. Steel roof got ripped off an old barn and we found straw bales 1/2 mile away. About a half-dozen trees went down in the park campground. No injuries or other damage and no dogs hurt.

It was a great time and to top it off, I won an Owens two-dog box with top storage in the raffle. It is a sweet box!

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

Kenny VanHoose

Post by Kenny VanHoose »

Sounds like you had a great time Larry :D
Wildcat Kennel
Wildcat Cosmo
Wildcat Newman
Grand R. Ch. Wildwood Eli
Grand R. Ch. B. CH Wildcat Joker
Grand R. CH. Gr. Bench Ch. Wildcat Earl

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

rabbitatfarm wrote: The winning Grand in one cast this morning had 7 checks, 2nd and 3rd had 5 checks, and 4th and 5th had one check. They ran that rabbit for about 50 minutes.
Larry
Am i reading this correctly that in a 50min race there were 19 checks? If so they should of been shot. not given trophy.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

likeemfast wrote:
rabbitatfarm wrote: The winning Grand in one cast this morning had 7 checks, 2nd and 3rd had 5 checks, and 4th and 5th had one check. They ran that rabbit for about 50 minutes.
Larry
Am i reading this correctly that in a 50min race there were 19 checks? If so they should of been shot. not given trophy.
Thats lil pack for ya

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

And then on our cast of grands 55 min of running6 checks
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

Crow

Post by Crow »

wildcatfan0309 wrote:
likeemfast wrote:
Larry
Thats lil pack for ya
Yep, 5 of "the best" we're able to run an average of just over 2 & 1/2 minutes at a time before producing a loss of 15 seconds or longer. Bad news is if another cast pounded a rabbit with just a few checks only gets to advance 1 dog. When I first started in beagles I really loved little pack style dogs but after a few years I started thinking that maybe a format that rewards producing a loss wasn't the direction I wanted to go. I have been to the world hunt & it is a bucket load of fun and if you'll hang around until the last day when the vendors are packing up you can get some really good deals on some stuff. I think everyone should go just to experience it especially if you live somewhere that doesn't have that type of terrain.

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

Sorry I said anything. Won't ever post scores again.

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

Houndsfootball

Post by Houndsfootball »

Those checks could have been 15 second losses wasnt there just saying. Im sure its nice to have dogs like yours that run the front all day on whatever is dropped down with them and never break down for more than 15 seconds. The guy posts about having a good time at the world hunt and you gotta start bashing little pack. I dont agree with all his posts on here but when did it become wrong to share a moment in the field on here. Isnt that what its all about us enjoying our style of hound and sharing that experience with our friends. I judged an open cast yesterday winner had 9 checks and second place had 8 checks the dogs ran 57 minutes i would have fed either one 1st or 2nd both were nice dogs. None of the formats are perfect run what you want to run and let everybody else enjoy their hounds.
Broc Johnson

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

Houndsfootball wrote:Those checks could have been 15 second losses wasnt there just saying. Im sure its nice to have dogs like yours that run the front all day on whatever is dropped down with them and never break down for more than 15 seconds. The guy posts about having a good time at the world hunt and you gotta start bashing little pack. I dont agree with all his posts on here but when did it become wrong to share a moment in the field on here. Isnt that what its all about us enjoying our style of hound and sharing that experience with our friends. I judged an open cast yesterday winner had 9 checks and second place had 8 checks the dogs ran 57 minutes i would have fed either one 1st or 2nd both were nice dogs. None of the formats are perfect run what you want to run and let everybody else enjoy their hounds.
Great advise run what ya like dont bash everone elses
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

Chimney Rock Kennel

Post by Chimney Rock Kennel »

There is just as bad in any other formats been there and seen it! Congrats to all that won and placed is all that should be said.....
Home of

NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Bad Moon Rising
FCGD LPRCH Chimney Rock's KY Lucky
NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Shooting Star