FC Buckeye Ninja Blue Boy and Maravic's Blue Flame??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BCBeagles

FC Buckeye Ninja Blue Boy and Maravic's Blue Flame??

Post by BCBeagles »

Anyone have any first hand experience in seeing these dogs run?

Thank you in advance...take care!

main event`s beagles

Re: FC Buckeye Ninja Blue Boy and Maravic's Blue Flame??

Post by main event`s beagles »

I have owned severa dogsl out of blue boy. they could run a line really well but not enough foot to put you in the winners circle. I have never personally seen him run but have seen plenty of his pups. :check:
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

Farm dog

Post by Farm dog »

My buddy bought Blue Boy after he made FC and his owner had health issues. We ran Blue Boy a bunch. He was a line running check dog. I bred a female to him, 1 female was trialed from that cross that had 1 win in Midwest trials.
Blue Boy was sold a couple times after that and ended up towards the west end of the UP

South Woods kennel

Post by South Woods kennel »

I had a bitch outa blue boy, exactly when everyone else said. Dint have the top gear for what im looking for! she produced a fast hound tho when she was bred!
Home of:

FC Lp South Woods Snooper
FC South Woods Cyclone
FC South Woods Miley
FC Lp South Woods Balla
CNLPC IFC South Woods Libby
NR FC South Woods Spike
FC South Woods Hazel

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Thank you all...I like the gears as you all said...and the speed is enough for me....thanks again!!

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

I had the pleasure of owning Blue Boys Lightfoot (Blue Boy x Pancakes Devils Angel)....I purchased him at 5 or 6 years old and owned him till his death a few months ago at 14 years old (although nearly blind and with a large tumor he could still out hunt many and would run for hours solo).

Lightfoot had ZERO quit in him, was always ready to go, never stood around, hunted like his life depended on it, could solo the snot out of a rabbit...and was a pleasure to have in the kennel (no stupid bs). Having said all that he was a fun dog to trial and I really never worried about not making the winners pack because he had enough foot to be competitive and would get the tough checks that would make a judge take notice. Once the winners pack came around he would get hurt on foot unless there were a lot of breakdowns.

The only trial trial he won it was hot, real hot....it was down to 3 or 4 dogs and I remember the final check like it was yesterday...he picked it and solo'd it out till the other dogs joined in and FT was called. I have a few shoeboxes full of NBQ and 4th place ribbons from trialing him....I had a ball with him because everyone kinda knew him, he was just a big dufus of a pure rabbit hound and had a deep chop that sounded like a coondog. Plus, unless something odd happened I was pretty sure I was going to get my monies worth of running and be there all day.

I continued too long to try and finish him and around 8 or 9 years old after trial after trial and mile after mile he started succumbing to the pressure and he sort of flipped his lid a few times. I stopped trialing him to save his dignity but still continued to gun hunt and fun run him. He was the ultimate pup trainer because I never had to worry about junk running and the pups could get a few checks on him and he could care less about it...he'd just catch up and get them on the next one. I know there was a male littermate to Lightfoot still living as of last year around the GA area, his owner described him as the exact same (Rabbit Hound Deluxe!!).

My biggest mistake was never breeding Lightfoot to anything....
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

deacon12

Post by deacon12 »

We had a very nice son of Fc Buckeye Ninja Blue Boy. His name was Gr Ch Kaydee's Checkerboard Bo. He was a very good running male with good hunt. He also produced some very nice offspring with our direct Shooter and Reggie daughter. We lost him a few months ago.
Attachments
bo small.JPG
bo small.JPG (42.2 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
Home of Ifc Wardy's Grass River Charlie
Home of LP GR CH Tucker's PT Gunner(Primetime Son)
Fwr Branko's Hat Trick
(http://www.givshighcaliberbeagles.com)

271rockridge

Post by 271rockridge »

I had a 13 inch male off Blue Boy his name was Chucklehead he had endless hunt and a big squall mouth he could run a rabbit when other dogs wished they could hot and dry cold and frozen Chuck could run em with no extra mouth as far as foot I would and did drop him with any thing and ol Chuck would run the front for 4 or 5 hours then his size would catch up to him he was one of the nicest dogs I ever owned
ROCKRIDGE KENNEL---LOAD TO WIN---RUN TO CATCH

deacon12

Post by deacon12 »

Terry my Gr Ch Kaycee Checkerboard No male in the above picture was a littermate to your Chuck male. My male was as you describe his brother. He had the most beautiful chop mouth. Just had my last litter by him. Everyone liked him and his offspring. I bred him to a daughter of Shooter and Perry's Crooks Poche and got (9) rabbit dogs. That was a good cross.
Home of Ifc Wardy's Grass River Charlie
Home of LP GR CH Tucker's PT Gunner(Primetime Son)
Fwr Branko's Hat Trick
(http://www.givshighcaliberbeagles.com)

Mark T

Post by Mark T »

I had Blue Flame here at my house with her sister for a while when they were young running them for Vic. She was quite stand-offish, but could run a rabbit. I didn't have her here long

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Thank you all for the information....take care!

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

I had Blue Boy here the last few years of his life. He was exceptional until the day he died and wanted to run even then when I had to put him down. At almost fifteen he still ran as long as I would put him down. Yeah, he wasn't fast anymore, not slow either, couldn't hear a darn thing and was half blind but the old boy would still hang onto a hare for hours on end. 12 or 24 hours, and in 90 degrees he'd still be running when I went to pick him up and the rest of my dogs were sleeping in the dog box - and that's no bull. He was my kind of hound and really stamped his pups with run lining ability, intense hunt, nose, conformation and voice. I gave him a good home in his last few years and he added some great blood to my lines, but he was never mine. I hope he and Jack are having some good runs. May God bless them both.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Thank you....great information!