Show Us Your Home-made Dog Trailers

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rabbitatfarm

Show Us Your Home-made Dog Trailers

Post by rabbitatfarm »

I'm thinking about building a dog trailer. I have the frame and saw a lot of neat designs at Boonville. How big do most of you make your trailers? Do you prefer small utility-trailer type wheels or larger standard wheels? How many runs do you incorporate and how long and wide? Trailers are great when we need to stay for more than just a day-hunt. Thanks.

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

JLW

Re: Show Us Your Home-made Dog Trailers

Post by JLW »

Dog box and run is 5 foot wide by 8 foot long will hold 3 dogs per side easy!

www.moprimetimebeagles.com

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

JLW:

Your box looks just like mine. Do you have doors in the top of the run to get dogs out or do you have doors across the back? Are the box and the run separate and you just set them on your trailer and strap them down? How big is the trailer? Looks like a pretty nice unit.

Larry

JLW

Post by JLW »

Yes the whole top opens up on both side. The box is seperate from the runs. When traveling I strap the box down and roll. Whole setup is 5 x8. Runs are 4 foot long trailer is 6x10

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

Thanks.

Larry

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

I don't know why it is, but the interest is disproportional to the number of responses. 677 read this post and only two of us have responded. For me, that's the most frustrating part of this forum. Please help your fellow beaglers and post a picture if you have one.

Larry

Budd

Post by Budd »

I'm painting mine now, will roll it out and get pictures in a couple days. My son and his buddy's done it in shop class as a group project, I supplied trailer (which was free) and the flooring, and panels. Building a wood insulated box to put on it. Runs are 2x5 per-side box will be 3x4 total.

Brokengates Beagles

Post by Brokengates Beagles »

just finished this trailer runs are 3x5 has a houndsman delux dog box 46 x 46 i also turned the lid on the box for easy access from front of trailer will hold 4 hounds on each side new 14" tires also coated trailer with truck box coating rolled on.has not had 1 dog in it yet and thinking of selling.
Attachments
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG (36.65 KiB) Viewed 4022 times
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG (31.57 KiB) Viewed 4022 times

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

rabbitatfarm wrote:I don't know why it is, but the interest is disproportional to the number of responses. 677 read this post and only two of us have responded. For me, that's the most frustrating part of this forum. Please help your fellow beaglers and post a picture if you have one.

Larry
Maybe there's a whole lot of fellow beaglers that don't have a home-made dog trailer, but are looking for ideas?
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

Thanks. Both look nice. I have a trailer and looking at another. We're planning to use 24" x 72" chain-link doors for the sides and divider and a chain link panel on the top. We just need to make doors for the end of the runs.

Another problem in posting pictures might be they need to be resized to fit here.

Larry

steve w

Post by steve w »

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/b ... ck-box-mat
The link is a little off topic Larry but thought may be of interest.

ray s

Post by ray s »

ray s

Post by ray s »

rabbitatfarm wrote:I don't know why it is, but the interest is disproportional to the number of responses. 677 read this post and only two of us have responded. For me, that's the most frustrating part of this forum. Please help your fellow beaglers and post a picture if you have one.

Larry
maybe it's because it has already been covered.Check out some of the past post, they have some nice rigs.
Last edited by ray s on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

I have of my homemade trailer but its a pain in the azz to go to photobucket and copy and paste so i havent done it yet lol Give me a few and ill post mine

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

heres a pic of mine I built a few years ago. I replaced the black box with a diamond plate one since. I got a good deal on a 4x6 tractor supply trailer and extended it two feet and put a 48x48 continental box on it and 4 ft runs. I bought a used high end kennel and cut the panels out and welded them on my frame runs and it worked out good. been thinking about going bigger since. lol.