All You PURINA FEEDERS!!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

plottwalker

Re: All You PURINA FEEDERS!!!

Post by plottwalker »

lots of big game hound hunting is being lost every year, only a matter of time before the little dogs get attacked by the antis. i hunted bear in cali every year until they lost last year. hope nothing comes up about rabbit hunting that we have to defend out here on the west coast. i will not support Purina because of their donations to these anti organizations. plan and simple, some people just dont get it because there state or species they hunt isnt under attack right now...

SNOWDOGS1

Post by SNOWDOGS1 »

Unfortunately these groups are very well funded and will not go away. They will keep at it one issue at a time. Right now we may not be specifically affected, but they will be attacking us at some point. If we knew all the companies that give financial support to these groups we would probably be shocked. Purina also sponsors a lot of our trials, so they are not all bad. I think some of these big companies throw money at these non profits just for tax write offs or just do it to keep them off their backs, political correctness. I agree that we shouldn't support these companies if we know who they are, but more important is that we stick together and not attack each other over minor disagreements. The saying goes "Divided we fall". We all have a common bond which is the hounds and we need to support groups that support us as much as possible and stick together (JMHO).

span870

Post by span870 »

Trust me. I completely understand what you are saying but the truth is if everyone on this board and every other board boycotted and refused to buy Purina nothing will change. Purina is one of if not the largest feed producer in the world. What is going to change is having a lobby group strong enough and well funded enough to push the agenda we as houndsman have.

andrew_kirby

Post by andrew_kirby »

The last 2 posts had what I believe to be the most important thing to come out of this. We can boycott every company out there or there parent company but you probably wouldn't have anywhere to shop or food to buy for your family or gas to put in your vehicle. As I said in my previous post a lot of the major corporations that we use daily all contribute in one way or another to a group that has a intent to eliminate something we enjoy. Activism on our part to at least attempt to match there efforts at putting legislation and legislators in a position to help us is the only way to prevent things. People can bitch all they want about how antis do this and that and are gonna take away our rights if we don't do anything at a state or congressional level then its our faults. Every big game species out there has groups that support the advancement of the species and the right to hunt them. I belong to a few of them and don't mind giving them money because it does benefit me. If we could have a houndsman group supported by all dog men even 25% as strong as what the NRA, RMEF, NTA, NWTF we would have a chance at matching some of or opposition. It starts at the local(club) level its hard enough to get people to pay 10 bucks for a membership without the bitching, then dealing with the bad seeds giving us all bad names or driving out the members or future members that are actually contributing members of society. Until we as a group start supporting clubs and houndsman associations and trying to form more national level clubs then its our own "MINE and YOUR" fault if the antis make progress. The only way to change anything in this country is activism and electing the right folks or running for election yourself and no not by rioting and looking like a bunch of morons.

By the way I am still going to feed Purina until you all stop shopping at Walmart or eating at Subway and Chipotle.

andrew_kirby

Post by andrew_kirby »

An additional side note for those interested. UKC has a pretty impressive forum, I mainly use it for the coonhound section but the legal department at UKC does a impressive job of keeping the folks on there informed both in the legislative section of the forum and as stickies in the top of the coonhound section on the different bills in different states affecting houndsman. And before the talk over trialing formats starts and what is best grow up nobody cares, Its nice to see a Kennel Club at least informing its supporting members of things that affect them.

Also heres a few links for those of you that want to make a impact outside of a message board
http://www.nhtda.org/
http://www.ussportsmen.org/

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

Hey bornagain john
What kinda hunting boots u wear?

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Ut oh, I dont feed Purina or wear Mucks
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

Little Indian Creek

Post by Little Indian Creek »

Maybe I am over looking it but I have not seen in any of these post where nestle/purina donated money to HSUS.
Kenny Lain
Little Indian Creek Kennels
AKC & NKC Beagles

andrew_kirby

Post by andrew_kirby »

Born Again is supposed to be providing us with some information.

IndianMeadowBeagles

Post by IndianMeadowBeagles »

I agree it's a easy tax write off for big companies,but who cares! Look at the research that Purina establishes. Maybe born again should just feed his hounds turnip greens & run around in the woods in flip flops. :bozo:
" HE WHO RUNS WITH BEAGLES SHALL ENJOY THE HUNT "
indianmeadows@yahoo.com
http://www.indianmeadowbeagles.com
219-712-8769

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

Lol

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

I have already provided the info on Purina donating to HSUS but it's ok with Wildcat around yall ain't gotta worry about nothing cause ain't no one gonna tell him he can't run dogs even if it becomes illegal!!!! :bash: yall can keep trying to defend your dog food but plain and simple the proof is in the pudding and the writing g is on the wall, if you can't figure it out or read that's on you, also Wildcat I don't feed purina anything and I don't wear Muck boots how is that for you??? I hope everyone out there when the time comes to fight for our dogs knows how to stand on their feet instead of just looking the other way like some are doing just in this post!!! :nod: :bash:
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Little Indian Creek

Post by Little Indian Creek »

I am not looking the other way. I honestly did not see where they donated money to HSUS. Do you know what HSUS is? Do you think that all humane shelters are part of HSUS? Do you think there is no need for humane shelters?
Kenny Lain
Little Indian Creek Kennels
AKC & NKC Beagles

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

johns03272008 wrote:I have already provided the info on Purina donating to HSUS but it's ok with Wildcat around yall ain't gotta worry about nothing cause ain't no one gonna tell him he can't run dogs even if it becomes illegal!!!! :bash: yall can keep trying to defend your dog food but plain and simple the proof is in the pudding and the writing g is on the wall, if you can't figure it out or read that's on you, also Wildcat I don't feed purina anything and I don't wear Muck boots how is that for you??? I hope everyone out there when the time comes to fight for our dogs knows how to stand on their feet instead of just looking the other way like some are doing just in this post!!! :nod: :bash:

I didnt ask if u fed purina
I ask what food you feed??
And yea if it illegal ill still run my dogs

And u should really think about changing your kennel name

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

wildcatfan0309 wrote:
johns03272008 wrote:I have already provided the info on Purina donating to HSUS but it's ok with Wildcat around yall ain't gotta worry about nothing cause ain't no one gonna tell him he can't run dogs even if it becomes illegal!!!! :bash: yall can keep trying to defend your dog food but plain and simple the proof is in the pudding and the writing g is on the wall, if you can't figure it out or read that's on you, also Wildcat I don't feed purina anything and I don't wear Muck boots how is that for you??? I hope everyone out there when the time comes to fight for our dogs knows how to stand on their feet instead of just looking the other way like some are doing just in this post!!! :nod: :bash:

I didnt ask if u fed purina
I ask what food you feed??
And yea if it illegal ill still run my dogs

And u should really think about changing your kennel name

I feed Pride 26/18 I would feed Hi Standard if it was closer to me. I already drive 80 miles 1 way to get a pallet at a time of Pride but I like how all my dogs hold up on it.
Changing my kennel name ain't gonna change anything, I like my kennel name and will keep it. Thanks for your thoughts though they where deeply considered :lol:
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com