FC or FCGD???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Hollarback Kennels

FC or FCGD???

Post by Hollarback Kennels »

Whats the difference between FC or FCGD????

thanks
Steve
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
FWR Shawdowed Acres Blue Bazo
Rock Ridge Shelby Blue
Reggie's Fast Holly
Cinnamon MTN Zebby
Cash Me Outside

eddywilliams

Re: FC or FCGD???

Post by eddywilliams »

They shoot over the pack in Mid west ,Fc I think is combined
Last edited by eddywilliams on Fri May 15, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

haderondah

Post by haderondah »

Fcgd is a dog that has been shot over during the trial, the gd standing for gundog. Most of the northeast and midwest spo does this. They also have gundog brace trials in which they shoot over the dogs and this title can be attained.
Home of
Hazzards bawling bindy
Brankos stormy hill
Haderondah puppy tuppy
Haderondah mad jilly
Haderondah mystic blue

WEIR CREEK BEAGLER

Post by WEIR CREEK BEAGLER »

all dogs that now finish in akc trials will say fcgd the older dogs that finished in the same trials will say fc just a way from separating traditional brace hounds from gundog brace or spo dogs

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I was under the impression that FCGD represented a hound that had made Field Champion status in A.K.C.'s S.P.O. format and FCLP represented a hound that had attained Field Champion status in A.K.C.'s Large Pack format.
F.C. has always represented a hound that had obtained Field Champion status in all A.K.C. formats.This just clarifies it a bit.
I currently have some pups for sale whose parents,grandparents and great grandparents have the Canadian prefix's in front of them and one fellow didn't know what they stood for so-----Ft.Ch.=Canadian kennel club hound that has obtained his championship degree in the field in that country.
I.F.C.=International Field Champion,having earned championship degrees in both countries [U.S. and Canada ].
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch