Patch hounds

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Markday

Patch hounds

Post by Markday »

What characteristics do most patch hounds have?

Chris Hornick

Re: Patch hounds

Post by Chris Hornick »

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

grit,,drive..hunt,desire to please owner.. normally not trashy some never run off game.....
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

You can take what ole Preacher says , he knows these Patch dogs well .
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

Hollarback Kennels

Post by Hollarback Kennels »

Without bashing anyone or any kennels who is breeding the most pure line of patch dogs? Who has solid lines with speed and grit?
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
FWR Shawdowed Acres Blue Bazo
Rock Ridge Shelby Blue
Reggie's Fast Holly
Cinnamon MTN Zebby
Cash Me Outside

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

The Preacher and J R Patch

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

think he meant preacher & LR Patch
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Chris Hornick...the original...thru the original...

Hollarback Kennels

Please educate me here on Patch...

With Branko bloddlines you have Jack of all trades, Heli-prop, Ali Baba, and lumber jack....and the female branko based his bloodlines around, the great anna ann.

Please give me the run down on the top patch hounds of yesterday and today?

thanks
Steve
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Rock Ridge Shelby Blue
Reggie's Fast Holly
Cinnamon MTN Zebby
Cash Me Outside

gpen08

Post by gpen08 »

Just like Jim said Chris Hornick has the most pure patch hounds out there. A lot claim too but he is the man chosen by Mike who was chosen by Willet to carry on the kennel. He has all the info you need based on 100 years of breeding that line of dogs.

j243whitetail

Post by j243whitetail »

Chris from The Patch Kennel. No doubt about it.
"Real dogs work for a living"
All Bawls Kennels

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

there are many out there raising patch hounds.. some..mix .some don't..i don't...i.got my start about 13 years ago from ole plowboy/...he vdont get on here anymore,,,,,mine are heavy in leherns linus patch....since then I have mixed a small amount of a superior patch in there..has worked well for me.....I don't get in these whose best crap.....I run what I like ...could care less if anyone else does....but they must I sure cant keep a pup when I have a litter..lol. ole lR BEEN doing this longer than me...
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

Markday

Post by Markday »

My buddy just got a patch 3 year old male that's why I was wondering on what kind of characteristics they was known for. Went running with him the other night and the dog seemed to be all business when the tail gate dropped and done some nice work on tracking to.

Hollarback Kennels

PREACHERS KENNEL wrote:there are many out there raising patch hounds.. some..mix .some don't..i don't...i.got my start about 13 years ago from ole plowboy/...he vdont get on here anymore,,,,,mine are heavy in leherns linus patch....since then I have mixed a small amount of a superior patch in there..has worked well for me.....I don't get in these whose best crap.....I run what I like ...could care less if anyone else does....but they must I sure cant keep a pup when I have a litter..lol. ole lR BEEN doing this longer than me...

this is the information i'm looking for.....I don't buy directly from branko, so nothing against Chris from Patch, but Im wanting to see what "Patch" studs most consider to be the backbone to their breeding. No bashing other dogs, other peoples kennels, or anything like that. Just like I love turbo's....an outcross of branko because it wasn't bred by branko. Im very interested in learning all I can about this line. What traits people are seeing, and what outcrosses people are having good luck with so far. I'm also hoping Chris jumps in here and throw some input on what he see in his stud dogs that he is currently using verses what the line was 10 to 15 years ago. You never know....you might convert a turbo guy to a patch guy here one day. Its never to late to learn something new, or is it to late to educate a few about a great producing line that many may not know anything about.

thanks Preacher Kennel!!!!!!
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Rock Ridge Shelby Blue
Reggie's Fast Holly
Cinnamon MTN Zebby
Cash Me Outside

scrubkennels

Post by scrubkennels »

i got my first patch hound around 2000 from jack palmer in roland oklahoma, he said if the pup wasnt started by 9 months old bring him back and he'd refund my money. i dont think he ever had to refund anyones money. ive had patch bred hounds ever sense, easy starters, all day hunt, grit and tuffness. youll feel sorry for them and leash em before they quit. but dont fix whats not broke, with out crossing. im speaking from my own failures at trying to out cross. i too like the turbo dogs. i took my best patch hound and ran with tk's rockhill ramler, both dogs were in thier prime. after an hour or so it was any bodys guess who was the better dog. tony bragged on my white hound and i bragged on his blue one. a few months later i dropped off a patch bitch for breeding, that first out cross did well but after that it went to crap. who knows what i did wrong. it was never the dogs fault, i bred some outstanding hounds, just my crossing never panned out. so i stick with patch blood to patch blood.